Outbags pocket holster any good?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
kwqd

Outbags pocket holster any good?

Postby kwqd » April 15th, 2017, 10:53 am

I searched the site for Outbags holster threads but only found one for their leather IWB holster. Has anyone tried their nylon pocket holster for the P64?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Makarov-Polish- ... 3cdbd4fe54

Adding tiny url, to save on cut and paste action:

http://tinyurl.com/khm7h8k

Thanks!
Last edited by kwqd on April 15th, 2017, 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kwqd

Re: Outbags pocket holster any good?

Postby kwqd » April 15th, 2017, 1:03 pm

They are just $13 shipped, so going to try one out. I wear cargo shorts when weather permits and my P64 fits nicely in the front pocket. Also looking at Remora pocket holsters. The Outbags holster looks like it might need a little modification to tighten up the retention of the pistol so it doesn't slide around, but I have a needle and heavy thread....

OG17

Postby OG17 » April 15th, 2017, 7:00 pm

I haven't. I use a DeSantis Nemesis if I pocket carry which is rarely. I have their nylon OWB w/mag pouch holster for all my guns for range use. They make a nice IWB leather clip holster that can be used for the P64. Ketchman knows the model #.

Check out this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5575

Ketchman
Veteran member
Veteran member

Postby Ketchman » April 15th, 2017, 7:15 pm

If their nylon holsters are as nice as their leather holsters you will be bery happy. I have an IWB and an owb holsters by them and they are all very nicely done.
Inspiration: The momentary cessation of stupidity.

"As in all life, the odds are 6 to 5 against"--- Ketchman

"The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there."
Jeff Cooper

kwqd

Postby kwqd » April 15th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Thanks for the replies, guys. I have the OUTBAGS LOB3S-MAK9 IWB holster for the P64 and it is very nice for carry, just hard to put on and take off. I must not know the secret to getting it on and off. The curved piece at the bottom of the clip nearest the holster snags on everything when taking it off and putting it on. Not many of my jeans and shorts are loose enough for an IWB holster, anyway.

I was going for the DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster and ordered one on Amazon and the seller sent me the wrong holster. Still might get one, though. Did you buy the one for the PPK?

I watched faliaphotography's YouTube videos on the Remora holster and it looks like she is using the pocket holsters as IWB holsters with good results, so it would be nice to have one holster for both pocket and IWB. I am a lefty, so the ambi holsters are great. I might also experiment with crossdraw carry with one. I often drop my P64 in a front pocket of my cargo shorts when I am just on a quick trip somewhere, but have keep fussing with it to keep it oriented right, hence the pocket holster.

Ketchman
Veteran member
Veteran member

Postby Ketchman » April 15th, 2017, 9:17 pm

I have the same problem with my Outbags IWB holster but that curved piece is what helps keep the holster from shifting while wearing it and I have not figured out an easier way to get it on /off but I like how it rides very much so I deal with it. Besides, I dont unlimber my sidearm much if at all when carrying. If I can't carry there then they don't get my business. Besides this is Wyoming, please consider everyone armed. :mrgreen:
And get a pocket holster soon please. Pocket carry without one is inherently dangerous. And we like our members to only have the number of holes they started life with and no more. :mrgreen:

Jeff Cooper

kwqd

Postby kwqd » April 16th, 2017, 9:58 pm

The OutBags pocket holster is in the mail!

Ketchman
Veteran member
Veteran member

Postby Ketchman » April 16th, 2017, 10:19 pm

cool! Let us know how it is. We are interested.

Jeff Cooper

Return to “Carry Gear, Holsters, etc.”