Powder

Discussion on reloading the 9x18 and any other cartridge
TroyS

Powder

Post by TroyS »

Right now I only have 2 cans of powder for my reloading. IMR Hi-Skor 700 and Accurate #2.
Since Accurate #2 is such a tiny grained powder it leaves powder dust on my bench and my press. I use it for my practice and plinking loads.
Hi-Skor is for the Jacketed hollowpoint loads.
I just ordered 500 9x18 Mak Starline cases and 500 9x18 Mak Missouri bullet co Cast bullets. What is best powder to use for my P-64 reloads. I'm looking for a light recoil accurate loading. I always bring my P-64 with me when I take friends shooting. They see it and want to shoot my "James Bond" gun.
RobsTV

Re: Powder

Post by RobsTV »

I use W231 (HP38) for all pistol calipers from 32's to 45's, and it always works great.
TroyS

Post by TroyS »

Ordered a 4lb jug on your advice day after you posted your reply. The day I ordered it Brownells said it was in stock. 3 days later I get an Email saying its backordered.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

TroyS

unique is another powder that works in all pistol cartridges, but primers and powder is going to get harder & harder to get , for awhile I think
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
budman46

Post by budman46 »

troy,
good luck finding any powder these days...folks are into big-time panic buying.

accurate #2 and 700x are both listed in lyman's latest cast bullet reloading manual with identical charges and similar velocities with a 100 gr casting, they are: 2.6 to 3.8. these two and 231 (hp38) are all fine for the mak, but #2 and 231 meter better.

the dust you see from #2 is likely graphite...a little hand vacuum will fix it.
budman

ignorance is fixable...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Unique gets my vote.