Need help

Discussion on reloading the 9x18 and any other cartridge
TroyS

Need help

Post by TroyS »

Bought an early Christmas preent for myself, a Lee Turrent press. Since I have never loaded Handgun ammo before, I need help setting it up. If anyone lives in or near KC, I will buy dinner if you can help me set it up.
RobsTV

Re: Need help

Post by RobsTV »

In the meantime, I suggest you view the many YouTube videos on reloading with the Lee equipment. Very good info.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Lee+Turret
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Lee+Turrent

Lee also has a few helpful videos.

http://leeprecision.com/help-videos.html
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

TroyS, I own the Lee Classic Turret. They are a breeze to set up. As Rob said, there are some good videos on YouTube. I don't recall the manual being any help. Email me if you have questions and I can try to help you out. reloader86-x@yahoo.com is my email address. I live in Missouri, but it's in the north-central part of the state. I'm like 2.5 - 3 hours from KC so it's a bit far.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
TroyS

Post by TroyS »

Bought tumbling media today. Cleaned all my 45 brass. Is there anything I can put in it to polish the brass. It's clean but it's dull.
RobsTV

Post by RobsTV »

Swish the brass in a sealed container with some white vinegar for a minute or two and it should be shiny again. I store it in a mayonnaise jar and reuse several times.

I only use a Harbor Freight (exact same as Lyman Turbo Sonic 2500) ultra-sonic cleaner (3 to 4 cycles using mixture of: 1 teaspoon Bar Keepers Friend + 1 drop Dawn + 1/4 cup vinegar on first cycle only + 2 or 3 cups water, do not crowd brass) and brass comes out like new, even after dozen or more reloads. Sometimes I add the straight vinegar for a minute rinse at the end to bring more of the shine back when desired, then rinse in water and blow dry with compressor (or air dry outdoors in bright sun).
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Troy, I'm guessing you got it all set up and figured out.
TroyS

Post by TroyS »

Went to the range Thursday with about 50 rds of my first set of reloads. Cannot tell how satisfying it was to know this was the ammo I made. I used the data from the handloading basics book and the Lee Dies paper that came with the set of carbide dies.
junius, I went and read almost everyone of your reloading posts before I started. I also watched almost every Youtube video, Some were less than helpfull.
All of you who responded, THANKS BROTHERS.
TroyS

Post by TroyS »

Forgot a question. Some of the 45 brass I have is small primer pocket. Will I need to adjust powder measure for these rounds?
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Troy, you will be able to load them just the same.