Reloading 101 w/Pics

Discussion on reloading the 9x18 and any other cartridge
The Only Sarge

Reloading 101 w/Pics

Post by The Only Sarge »

Few recent threads concerning aspects of reloading....and I just finished 20 rounds for tomorrow so I thought I'd share.

Firstly you must have a good press. I go with the "red company" and have found them to be the most inexpensive and reliable. Very good customer service. Here is my one armed bandit....had her for years....

Next.... you cannot go cheap on quality loading materials. This is the heart and soul of your load so get the best you can. Just a heads up....kid sold me some Mexican Red Haired Tobakky few years ago....man that stuff was harsh....made me sleepy, everything was funny and I ate all Mama's cookies. So just buy good quality Turkish Tobakky and lose a few pounds. Trust me on this one guys.

I like to only reload new cases. The "once fired" cases are tough to reload and you never know where they have been.

Now you cannot be distracted during your reloading session folks. Stay focused at all times. A double load can kill you!! Come to think of it a single load will kill you also. Oh well....aint gonna live forever.

I have found after years of reloading that a quality primer is imperative. I have used Springfield Armory Zippo primer for many years of reliable service.

I hope this lil tutorial will help any of our younger reloaders getting started.
:hi:
The Only Sarge

Re: Reloading 101 w/Pics

Post by The Only Sarge »

And remember....never reload if your pregnant. Reloading has been known to cause serious stupid babies being born. We got plenty here now, so all your pregnant folks dont reload OK?