NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: clening range brass

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Thanks for the posting NORM, I've seen this product in the stores for years and didn't have a clue. I've got some pretty grungy stuff and it looks like it's worth a try, I will make a report next week.
G.R.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

G.R.

I just found some at Publix yesterday,was I surprised to see it there, so I got me some now to try out

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I was able to find it at a local Albertsons store for $4.29, if it works as well as the fellow says, it will be worth it. Some of this brass is so bad I was planning to get rid of it. If it cleans up the scoring and removes the burnt powder residue from the inside caseing I'll buy stock in the company! LOL
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on April 13th, 2010, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

OK guys, I have 100+ mixed caliber cases in the soup, I plan on leavening them in over night and running them in the shell in the morning, then transfer them to corn cob and polish medium after that. Maybe NORM will be able to post photo's, I'm not sure if I can do that from my PC. I can already tell you that the carbon is falling out of the caseings as I lift them out of the liqued. That makes it worth the price of the product to me already. The cases look pretty good for just about a one hour soak. I'm not sure if the mix is accurate, I did three heaping teaspoons to about a gallon of water and filled it two thirds full with casings, the mix may be a little to strong.?
G.R.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

these two bullets I got the range, they were in a place where they put old bullets that didn't fire

after 1 min.

after an 1 hour

after 2hours

the black spots that are still on there are where it was laying next to a steel case

will see what they look like tomorrow

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Very nice photo's NORM, thank you, and thank you for turning me on to this product. I can report that these are the cleanest casings inside and out that I have ever seen for fired and cleaned reloads. All the carbon build up is gone from the inside of the cartridge and the primer holes. I ran the brass for a little over an hour in shell and the 9mm is as clean inside as the 45acp.. This product is now a staple for my reloading bench.
Happy, happy, happy :D
G.R.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

On a whim I decided to use this product in my ultrsonic cleaner. I droped threehundrad empty 40 S&W brass cases into the pan and used three heaping teaspones of Lemi Shine in hot water and set the timer at six minutes. The cases came out so clean I'm not sure that I will put them into polishng medium.
NORMSUTTON, thank you once again for turning us onto this product, what a time saver.
G.R.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

G.R.

yes in a ultrasonic , it should work great, just don't leave it in there to long

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Actually I thought about that when I added the cases, emptied the ultrasonic as soon as I got the cases rinsed off with hot water. It is nice and clean also, just like the day I purchased it. :D
Thanks again Norm,
G.R.
Autosurgeon

Post by Autosurgeon »

Man talk about a diff! I am doing this to all cases now before tumbling and it shortens the time I have to tumble significantly!

As others have said it cleans the inside of the case as well!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I did a half an hour in shell and a half an hour in corn husk with two teaspoons of polish and the cases are as pretty as new. It adds one more step but cuts your production time by at least one hour or more. I plan to cut the amount of LemiShine used in the ultrasonic to see what the results will be as far as time is concerned.
G.R.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

NORM, thank you so much for introducing me to this product, I've turned several of my range partners onto it and they love it just as much as I do.
Thanks again.
GR