Bullet Molds

Discussion on reloading the 9x18 and any other cartridge
robalan

Bullet Molds

Post by robalan »

There are a lot of bullet molds - Lyman, Lee, Saeco...

What are you using and do you feel it is better than some of the others?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Bullet Molds

Post by normsutton »

robalan

I have RCBS , LYMAN , LEE and some moulds from CAST BULLET ENGINEERING

I like the steel moulds from RCBS , LYMAN
I like the prices on the LEE moulds , but they what I call throw away moulds
for the money you can't bet the moulds from CAST BULLET ENGINEERING http://www.castbulletengineering.com/ they are the best by far

this one I have for the 577/450 Martini Henry

this one I have for my 303 Brit.

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on March 6th, 2010, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
ronc

Re: Bullet Molds

Post by ronc »

I am using Lee exclusively because of 1) price and 2) I am just getting started. I didn't want to sink a lot of money into casting if I found I didn't want to do any more.

I do not have need to cast a lot of bullets, a hundred or two at a time. I don't know about how long a Lee mold will last but they have worked flawlessly for me so far. (I have seven double cavity type.)

If you are just getting into casting, I highly recommend Lyman's Casting Handbook. Full of good info. The website castboolits.com was also a big help with pictures of the steps.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: Bullet Molds

Post by normsutton »

ronc wrote:I am using Lee exclusively because of 1) price and 2) I am just getting started. I didn't want to sink a lot of money into casting if I found I didn't want to do any more.

I do not have need to cast a lot of bullets, a hundred or two at a time. I don't know about how long a Lee mold will last but they have worked flawlessly for me so far. (I have seven double cavity type.)

If you are just getting into casting, I highly recommend Lyman's Casting Handbook. Full of good info. The website castboolits.com was also a big help with pictures of the steps.
ronc

couldn't agree with you more. I started with LEE MOULDS , they are good starter moulds and some of their bullet deigns are very good , but like I said they a cheap, I bet I have cast thousands of rounds with them

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage