Taurus PT111 G2

Use this section for all other firearms
edwardwr

Taurus PT111 G2

Post by edwardwr »

I'm a gun snob when it comes to CCW firearms. As a retired "street cop" who carried S&W exclusively, Model 19-2 4" or a 645 semiautomatic on the job and a Bodyguard .380 in summer civvies. Now I like our little P-64s but I wanted something with a bit more in the magazine "just in case".
I did some homework, looked long and hard, and took a chance on the PT111, what the heck it was only $220 total with shipping to my FFL.
I'm a believer, out of the box, quick function test and clean, then off to the range. Several trips later, over 500 rounds downrange, not a single FTE or FTF shooting whatever, including some cheap steel cased, dead accurate, low recoil and frankly one of the best "feeling" grips I've experienced.
I will tell you how much this gun impressed me. My 6-actual (wife) has her CCW. She is recoil sensitive big time, so much so that she refused to carry anything other than her S&W M&P .22 Compact (another great pistol BTW). I gave her the PT111 to try, loaded the mag with Hornady Critical Defense Lite and had her push rounds though the pipe.
It's now her CCW and I'm confident in it well enough to feel OK with it in her purse. It goes bang every time you pull the trigger, its light and it works.
Only trouble with it is I may have to get another.......oh yea, it's got a forever warranty....
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Taurus PT111 G2

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Ed.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
mike83

Post by mike83 »

Several members here have a PT111 G2, me being one of them. I have had a great experience with mine once the magazines broke in. I never had to break in a mag before, but my experience is rather limited on brand new semi-auto pistols. No matter, I am delighted with mine. A few discouraging words here and there, but not from me. A good choice even at twice the price.
Mike
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I too have one and I was seriously impressed with mine the second I picked it up. I had owned one the PT 145 original models which was an original PT 111 upsized to handle the .45 ACP and loved that for years so I figured this one would be trouble free and so far, as you have found out, it is. And I was especially impressed with how soft it shoots. Anyway, nice to hear from another believer.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.