Tisas 1911- questions

Use this section for all other firearms
scoobysnacker

Tisas 1911- questions

Post by scoobysnacker »

I came across one of these used, $300 out the door, in excellent/like new condition. It's the government model, with no firing pin safety, .45 acp. I bought it, because
1 I had a hole in my collection where a 1911 should be,
2 it seems like a good price
3 I've read a lot of positive things about Turkish handguns recently

I'm asking about it here, because when going to a 1911-centric site, you get a couple of favorable opinions, and a whole lot of "you get what you pay for" remarks.

Getting what I pay for; for that price I've gotten a LAPD trade-in Beretta 92, a Czech trade-in CZ 75, a surplus'd S&W 39-2, a whole slew of Eastern Bloc surplus handguns, and quite a few others. These guns are working man's guns, and more importantly, they work as intended. They are not flashy, but I didn't want them to be. They are black (blued, anodized, parkerized, or in the case of my CZ's, polycoated). There are no huge billboards on any of the slides.

I'm expecting the Tisas to be the same. Any reason it wouldn't be? Anyone have any experience with one? Thanks in advance.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Tisas 1911- questions

Post by Curly1 »

Never heard of the maker, post pics when you get it.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

Checked out the company, Tisas is a state-of-the-art manufacturer and NATO has a contract with them for Berettas. I got my 1911 from Bud's, new it was $350 so you got a fair deal. Mine feed empty shell cases much better than a previous Colt 1911 did with 180 gr. wadcutters. It's a good pistol, accurate and reliable.

Jim
scoobysnacker

Post by scoobysnacker »

Here it is, sorry about the quality of the pic. Cellphone photo as soon as it left the store. Comes with 1 8 rd Mecgar mag.

The finish is... uncertain? I've read some places call it parkerized, but it doesn't seem the same as my parkerized FEG Hipower from Coles Distributing; what it most closely resembles is the "matte blue" on my S&W 915 (3rd Gen Value Line pistol). That has an anodized aluminum frame, but the slide is steel, and both the feel and the visual appearance is the same.

The left side of the slide only has Zig M 1911 on it, in a font just a little larger than that on the frame, about even with the front of the frame. Otherwise, very clean.
Attachments
my 1911.jpg
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Always heard good things about that maker. High quality military provider. At that price hard to beat.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."