.32 S&W long H&R model 733

Use this section for all other firearms
trustingman62

.32 S&W long H&R model 733

Post by trustingman62 »

I just purchased an H&R model 733 revolver in .32 S&W long and I was wondering if any of you have one and what your feelings toward it are. Mine is a 1972 model and looks to be in great condition. I think factory ammo if you find it is probly loaded light because so many old break down revolvers are still around for this round. Since it has a solid frame instead of break down I want to reload ammo for it to get the most from the little cartridge as I can. I will be using cast RN lead bullets around the 85-100 grn weight. Anyone have a good loading? I think I will start with around 2.5 grns of Bullseye. Thanks. Phil
trustingman62

Re: .32 S&W long H&R model 733

Post by trustingman62 »

Here is a pictue of the H&R 733 I just received. I am very happy with the purchase,
Attachments
H&R.jpg
H&R.jpg
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

It does look to be in good shape but it just looks weird to me.

Like somebody with a big head vs their body.

Let us know how it performs at the range.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
trustingman62

Post by trustingman62 »

Wow it sure is fun to shoot. I am going to take it to the range today. I fired 6 rounds of factory loaded wad cutters through it at a steel drum last night when I got home and the little thing has good accuracy from about 20 ft. And it is a very comfortable gun to shoot even though it is so small. Yeah it might not be beautiful but it is in great condition. I am very happy I bought it. Well worth the $130.00 I paid.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Can't go wrong at that price.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

The old H&R guns were good guns. I have a couple myself. By old I mean the original not the current company, but they also make decent guns. Even the ones with swing out cylinders aren't rated for a lot of pressure. H&R did manage to develop the 32 H&R magnum using the same frame as yours, I believe.