Llama 45

Use this section for all other firearms
dwd

Llama 45

Post by dwd »

I picked up a "new to me" Llama 45 today. Just need to clean it up a little.
Attachments
Llama 45.JPG
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Llama 45

Post by juniustaylor »

Awesome! That looks real nice DWD, I hope that you will like it! Thanks for sharing.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
zbirdman777

Post by zbirdman777 »

I saw a ton of those at the gun show here today priced at $550. Seemed a little high but everyone swears they are good shooters. Seemed solid and basic. Congrats!
dwd

Post by dwd »

I paid $250 for it plus $25 for shipping plus $15 ffl fee. I feel like I got a lot of gun for about $300.
I'm not really a 1911 guy. I just feel like I ought to have one or two.
I prefer my Rugers for 45's. and I just bought, a couple weeks ago, a Taurus 845 that I have yet to shoot.
I've got two of these Llama 45's. I really don't know much about them. I hear some are good and some aren't and it's hard to tell which ones are and which one's aren't. this Llama has Stoeger stamped on it, makes me think it is a recent import. I just need to get it cleaned up and shoot it to see what I've got.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

I really like mmy LLama
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

I love mine too , I did change some things on mine

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Good looking Llama, it appears to be just like mine which is a model IX-A manufactured from 1955 to 1985. It's identical to the Llama IX except for the addition of a "grip safety". I use 7rd GI mags in mine, shoots great.

dwd

Post by dwd »

Well I finally got around to shooting my Llama 45. The mag that came with it keeps coming out. I went and got some new mags out of the drawer( I think they are Russian built) and they all stayed in fine. But one of my "new" mags won't hold the slide open on last round. Looking at them they all look the same to me. Any idea what I should check out or should I just mark them and put them in the back of the drawer or get rid of them?
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

I use 7rd GI mags in my Llama that is just like yours and they do great and leave the slide back when empty.
johnb007

Post by johnb007 »

I adore my Llama. First handgun I owned as an adult. In 20+ years I've never had a problem with it, except I hate taking it down to clean it! Shoots like a dream though. It will have feed issues if I use the mag that came with it, but I expect that after a pistol is over 30 years old. It uses standard colt 1911 mags, so I tend to use one of my Wilson Combat Mags for my Colt and the Llama feeds fine!

This is the exact model I have, but not my actual gun. My camera is being uppity today!

And this is what I can do at 25-30 feet if I'm trying (the red box, the other's were test shots)

If anyone knows of anyone with spare parts for this pistol I'd love to snag a "Tube Spring Plunger (#38 on the exploded view below), which I broke during take down for the last cleaning.

Exploded view
http://www.geeks-guide.com/wp-content/u ... mni-45.jpg
6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

I really like my Omni's. I have two of the 45's and two of the 9's. Very underrated pistols.

johnb007 If you find anyone with parts for the omni I would appreciate hearing about them. I need part #62 recoil spring plug for one of my 45's.
johnb007

Post by johnb007 »

6x6pinz wrote:I really like my Omni's. I have two of the 45's and two of the 9's. Very underrated pistols.

johnb007 If you find anyone with parts for the omni I would appreciate hearing about them. I need part #62 recoil spring plug for one of my 45's.
I certainly will, especially if the spare parts end up being an entire "parts" gun! I'd love to have some spare pieces to keep my baby running!
6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

johnb007 wrote:
6x6pinz wrote:I really like my Omni's. I have two of the 45's and two of the 9's. Very underrated pistols.

I certainly will, especially if the spare parts end up being an entire "parts" gun! I'd love to have some spare pieces to keep my baby running!

That is why I have two of each. I have been in search of the bushing for some time. I have even bought some bushing that I thought would be close but none were good enough. I have threatened to get one made up but the machinist around here are so afraid of the ATF and making parts for a firearm they will not touch the work. :evil: