Something followed me home tonight

Use this section for all other firearms
smbob

Something followed me home tonight

Post by smbob »

I picked up this 1976 Winchester Model 94 30-30 off of Gunbroker for $265 shipped. It is in
nice shape. The receiver looks excellent. A lot of these later Model 94's loose their finish
on the receiver. Not so with this one. The wood has a few dings here and there, but
no big deal. My first Winchester and probably not my last.

Robert

jcrntx

Re: Something followed me home tonight

Post by jcrntx »

That looks like a nice one, and a great deal to boot! I have been wanting to pick up a model 94 for a while but have not seen that good of a deal, guess I should start watching gunbroker more closely!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Bob,

Very nice both in looks and price, did you borrow my mask, I can't seem to find it anywhere ... :mrgreen:, sweet deal, thanks for reminding us that deals are still out there we just have find them.
smbob

Post by smbob »

Thanks guys! I have wanted a Model 94 for a while. I wanted a post '64 in decent shape and
this one came along. It looks like it has not been shot that much. I plan on putting a Kwiksite
side mount on it with a 2.5-7 X 33mm Redfield Revolution scope as I can't use peep
or tang sights. My eyes aren't that good. I figured with a post '64 it wouldn't matter and
I can always change it back if I want to.

Robert
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Nice looking rifle! Too bad it wasn't the angle eject version. You could have mounted a scope directly to the top rather than to the side of the receiver. Every now and then you can find the side scope mount on eBay. Probably find it on Gunbroker also. I have a 1965 and thought about it, but couldn't get over the fact of it being on the side so I put a Williams peep sight on it and haven't looked back. Sight is something we take for granted.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
smbob

Post by smbob »

I mounted my 2-7X33mm Redfield Revolution scope with a Kwiksite side mount on my Model 94.
I was expecting it to be awkward being as it is offset to the left. Nothing could be further from
the truth! It is friggin awesome! You line up on the scope the same as if it were directly above
the bore. It isn't offset as much as you think it would be with the Kwiksite. The Kwiksite is a
fantastic mount. No gunsmithing required and you can change it back anytime no problem. Comes
with all the screws. That Redfield scope has fantastic clear glass! It's made in the USA too! Killer
scope for $150! Can't wait to hunt with it. Here are some pics.

Robert

juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

That's real nice! Glad you got it all put on and that it's easy to acquire your alignment.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

Sweet looking rifle! Sounds like you made out really well price-wise! :D