Rohm model 66

Use this section for all other firearms
dwd

Rohm model 66

Post by dwd »

I made an offer on a Rohm model 66 revolver with both the .22lr and the .22 mag cylinders. Are these revolvers okay or should I run the other way?
gwbiker

Re: Rohm model 66

Post by gwbiker »

dwd wrote:I made an offer on a Rohm model 66 revolver with both the .22lr and the .22 mag cylinders. Are these revolvers okay or should I run the other way?
Rohm guns at one time gave German guns a bad rap. If you like to play around with cheaply made handguns, bought cheap, then go for it. Otherwise....run away.

If you like Western style .22lr, look for a domestic handgun.
smbob

Post by smbob »

I picked up a EAA Bounty Hunter 22LR/22Mag a while back. It too is made in Germany. It has a transfer bar
and a 8 shot cylinder. It is a nice gun! I have a lot of fun with it. Very well made and it shoots great with
either cylinder.

Robert

gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

dwd, I've owned and shot one for years, they are nice little pistols for the price. They clean up nicely and the steel is good. The short barreld 38sp. and 357magnum revolvers did have bad springs and the small caliber semi autos were no better. The little western revolvers did enjoy some what of a fallowing and with adjustable rear sights shot to point of aim and are reliable, mine shoots as well as one of my shooting partners little Ruger .22 caliber six gun. Do some asking around and search the net and get information from people who own one.
In my experience inexpensive does not always mean cheap.
GR
dwd

Post by dwd »

I passed on that gun, too many bad reviews.
I do like the looks of that EEA Bounty Hunter, that maybe more what I am looking for.