another reason to get a C&R in Missouri

Use this section for all other firearms
dwd

another reason to get a C&R in Missouri

Post by dwd »

Signing of HB2034 June 26 2008 allows suppressors to be owned by persons with a FFL, this includes C&R FFLs beginning Aug 28 2008.

That settles it, I'm getting my C&R. I've been putting it off for too long. I even had the paper work delivered once and decided against it.

Again, where do I start to get a C&R ffl?
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: another reason to get a C&R in Missouri

Post by juniustaylor »

You can own a silencer, but you can't use it. If you want to be able to use one, then you'll have to pay whatever amount it is for the tax stamp (Federal). I think it's around $200. There's a bunch of random stuff involved.
dom

Post by dom »

dwd wrote: Again, where do I start to get a C&R ffl?
This is a little dated, but will help get you started.
http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting200 ... /index.asp
dwd

Post by dwd »

thanks dom
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

juniustaylor wrote:"You can own a silencer, but you can't use it. If you want to be able to use one, then you'll have to pay whatever amount it is for the tax stamp (Federal). I think it's around $200. There's a bunch of random stuff involved."

Just so no one gets the wrong information. The Federal Government allows private individuals that meet certain requirements to own suppressors and other NFA items. However some states do not or they restrict some NFA items. I didn't bother to look it up, but from what the OP has written here. I "ASSUME" Missouri restricts suppressor ownership to FFL's only. This would be a state restriction or requirement. It has nothing to do with the Federal requirements. An individual (read not an NFA manufacture/SOT), may not own a suppressor without filling out a Form 4, paying his/her $200.00 tax to the Federal Government and upon approval, receiving his/her tax stamp. No matter if the person holds a C&R or not. There are some different provisions/rules/paperwork for LE agencies, NFA manufactures/SOT's and/or NFA Dealers. If you live in a state that does not allow NFA items or in this case suppressors then the ATF will not approve your Form 4.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Thanks Farmer. I figure there's too much legal B.S. and red tape involved in owning a suppressor/silencer. Anyway, there really is no need for anyone to own one other than for the "ooooh ahhhh" factor. I am sure that MO was one of those weird states that has strict rules about who owns them. I had looked on some map or website at one time about it.
dwd

Post by dwd »

I sent my paperwork in for the C&R ffl today I don't know how long it will take to get it.
Anyone know where to get a threaded barrel for a makarov, p64, pa-63, cz 82? I think I get a .22 suppressor first but a 9mm will be my next purchase.
dom

Post by dom »

When i applied for mine in 2008 it took right at 3 months to get it. Some i know have received theirs in as little as just a few weeks.

Mak barrel:
http://www.buymilsurp.com/barrel-9x18-c ... p-433.html
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

dom, I think he's looking for a threaded muzzle barrel to install a suppressor. A lot of the gun stuff has changed quite a bit. In MO, at least, it used to take right at about 40 days to get the CCW paperwork back from the sheriff. I got mine back in 13 days. I think they're finding ways to expedite their processes.

dwd, you're probably going to have to have a gunsmith do barrel threading for you. I haven't seen any online that I can recall. Or find a kit online, there are companies that make barrel threading kits for the muzzle.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Check out this company - http://preciseinnovationsllc.com/
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF