Aim Surplus

Use this section for all other firearms
Short Circuit

Aim Surplus

Post by Short Circuit »

Hello, New Member, 1st. post, Has anyone ordered a firearm from Aim Surplus? If so what was the results?
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Aim Surplus

Post by juniustaylor »

I ordered a CZ-82 from Aim Surplus. I think they are a fine company to deal with. My CZ was in very good condition and I would certainly buy from them again.
Short Circuit

Post by Short Circuit »

Thanks for the positive reply, I went ahead an ordered a 1891-30, hex receiver, Mosin Nagant rifle, $79.97, I already have the 38 & 44 models. Passed up the same rifle at a gun show about 6 mos. ago for $69.99.
Short Circuit

Post by Short Circuit »

Hello again, Update on Aim Supply, Phoned in order, Mon.the 14th., received
E-mail saying rifle shipped on Wed.16th. received the rifle Fri. the 18th.
Mosin Nagant 1891/30, made in 1929, excellent condition, the only problem
was the bayonet wouldn't go on, until I used a Dremel Tool on it. The slot wasn't wide enough for the sight to pass through. The rifle had all matching
numbers that hadn't been restenciled. Don't know how to do Pics. I would rate Aim Supply, an A-1. P.S.- The rifle sold for $79.95 + $16.13 S.H.=$96.08 to my door, C.&R.
Short Circuit

Post by Short Circuit »

Correction: It is Aim Surplus, and not Aim Supply.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

That is a good deal Circuit. I traded in a muzzleloader + $30 for mine about a week or so ago. $130 total not including the bit of tax. Anyway, mine is a Tula round receiver 1937 date. Numbers on mine match. Bolt is strange though. It is mark Izhevsk, but the serial is correct. So, possibly Tula used an Izhevsk bolt, or it was force matched during a refurb. Either way, I don't care. I shot it yesterday out to 200 yards. I was using snow balls as that is what was plentiful. At 200 yards, I made a 18" diameter ball and blew the left side off, then the right side. I was left with a 9" wide x 18" tall piece of snow. I blew it all apart that last shot. The bore on mine is mint, it's shiny and bright. Strong rifling. I finally got my .303 Brit sizing button for my Mosin die set, so I can now start reloading. Glad to hear you had a good experience.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

I've been dealing with AIM for several years and have always been happy with their deals and service, there have been minor problems but AIM has handled them very professionally, their customer service is exceptional IMHO. I judge them by their product discriptions which have been on target and usually better plus their service and williness to listen and deliver what they say they will do.
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

I buy cases of ammo from them occasionally. They have good prices on milsurp 5.45x39 cases. I did buy a DSA 58 FAL rifle from them last month. They are good to go.
JB7748

Post by JB7748 »

Like many others I have made several purchases through them before and have had no issues. I found some deals on 7.62x54R ammo on stripper clips and also my P-64 through Aim Surplus. I have had very good service over the phone with custom orders and working out FFL transfers. I would have no problems recommending them to others.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Short Circuit you should post a picture.

Here's my recent acquire.

Shiny barrel
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Short Circuit

Post by Short Circuit »

I don't have any clue, as to how to post a picture. I have a Photo Bucket Acc., But don't know how to use it.
Short Circuit

Post by Short Circuit »

[url]=http://867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/mikeinva2009
I'm trying to send pics., hope this works.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

You can take your photobucket images and copy the image code... see below. BTW, that's the CZ-82 I got from Aim Surplus.

Short Circuit

Post by Short Circuit »

Still[ trying, to post pics. I know that my photography skills are not up to the standards that are usually displayed here, but I hope they will pass.(if I get them Posted.[img][/imimg][/img]g]
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

It should look something like this when you copy and paste the image code:

[ img]http://website.com/howtopostpictures.jpg[/img]

Do not put in any spaces, I put a space in just so it wouldn't try to post a picture that doesn't exist. Use the preview option (down by submit) in the main editor so you can see if the picture shows up, if not, edit your reply until the picture works when you click preview.