romanian carpati?

Use this section for all other firearms
big54r

romanian carpati?

Post by big54r »

I saw a firearm called the carpati (made in romania) at a local gun shop and was wondering if any of you have heard of this firearm before?

looks just like a ppk.
big54r

Re: romanian carpati?

Post by big54r »

finally one of my search's dug up some info on this gun.
seem's like all that have one like's it and it's a decent shooter.
the wep I saw looked fairly good but the price was a lil steep for me at this point since I want a pa-63 and another cz-82 more than anything.
dom

Post by dom »

First time i saw one was this past weekend at our local gun show. Kinda cool looking little pistol (like you say, a ppk) and the quality was very similar to my 2 Romy TTCs. Unlike my Toks, it even had "Cugir" stamped on the slide. Machining was a little rough, and if you held it just so, you could see chatter marks along the lenth of the slide. Belive he had a price of $300 on it, more than i'd be willing to pay.
erich

Post by erich »

Pretty neat guns - they went for about $120 when they were imported by Century in the late '90s. They work well, I understand. $300 would certainly be beyond my interest level for this gun.
6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

Nice little pistols. I have a couple of them and they shoot very well. The only trouble they have given me is the pin that holds the safety on broke. The originals are very brittle. I changed the one out in the other pistol before it gave me trouble. Does not take much to snap the pin. Even broke it did not affect the guns operation other than that particular safety lever could not be engaged.