Anyone have a Beretta model 1934?

Use this section for all other firearms
bvd1

Anyone have a Beretta model 1934?

Post by bvd1 »

I bought a 1941 dated model 1934 years ago and shot it for the first time yesterday. I could not believe how accurate it is. I did have feeding problems though, I think the feed ramp needs work. Anyone have one with similar problem? I read these had new barrels installed by the importer.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: Anyone have a Beretta model 1934?

Post by papabear »

bvd1,

Don't have a Beretta 1934, they are rare in good condition, I have seen them at shows over the years though. I believe the model 1934 was chambered for the 9 mm Corto, more commonly known as the .380 ACP today, a later model was chambered in 32acp I believe. I love the old milsurp handguns and rifles of WWI & WWII hope you can show us a pic of it.
bvd1

Post by bvd1 »

Papabear, it is .380. It is marked Cal.9 Scurt. I forget what country this was made for. Do you know?
pshootr

Post by pshootr »

The Beretta Model 1934 was made for the Italian military. Yours may or may not be military marked as they were sold to civilians as well. You should completely disassemble and clean the magazine and check the feed lips for being bent if it won't feed right. I think Wolff Gunsprings has recoil and magazine springs for them.
Pistols made during the Fascist Era are marked with their year of manufacture in two forms: the conventional Julian date in Arabic numerals and the date in the Fascist Era in Roman numerals. The Fascist calendar commenced on 28 October 1922, so a pistol from 1937 May carry either "XV" or "XVI" as its Fascist year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_M_1934
bvd1

Post by bvd1 »

I did a search and the model 1934 9mm scurt was made in Italy for the Romanian military.
meric

Post by meric »

Since he never posted a pic, I will show mine. I have the Beretta M 1934 32acp MFG in 1946. Feeds ammo through it great, almost no recoil and holds 9 rounds. However my P64 can out shoot it in accuracy at all distances. I believe it is because the Barrel slides out during standard take down for cleaning. This means the barrel is not fixed to the gun and I think after 65 years the barrel locking flange has some wear allowing it to move ever so slightly during each shot.

Hope you enjoy the photos, my camera is not the greatest.
Attachments
Beretta M1934 32acp
Beretta M1934 32acp
Beretta M1934 32ACP
Beretta M1934 32ACP
pshootr

Post by pshootr »

Thank you for posting, meric!
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

Nice looking pistol! I'm assuming that's not the military finish?
meric

Post by meric »

I actually do not know if it was nickle plated by some previous owner or if it came from the factory like that. My assumtion is that someone thought it needed to be spruced up since most 1934's I see are blued. It was MFG'ed after the war and maybe it was nickled plated by Berreta for the consumer market? Either way the nickle plating is still in decent shape with some minor wear and pitting, mostly unnoticable.