Re: Newest Find

Post by chimera »

Wait, I know.
Attachments
astra.jpg
6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

I have a few of the Llama pistols and a few misc. Spanish pistols.
Here is my 22
My 32ACP
My 380ACP
My Llama Omni 9mm
My Llama Omni 45ACP
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

6x6pinz, you can't show that set grips on your Llama .22 and not state where you purchased them, they are gorgeous! I have a Llama MicroMax .380 that is just Jonesing for a set of those bad boys. Give it up, where did you buy them?
GR
6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

I met a gentleman at a knife show in the early 80's that did custom handles for knives. I fell in love with his work and asked him to make a set of grips for my favorite 22 pistol. Took a little talking but finally convinced him to do it. All of his work bears his initials "GG" and on the back is a serial number. Sadly he passed away before I could get anymore grips made for some of my other favorite toys. The Material is coral set in a black epoxy on brass base. I chose a mix of coral but always wanted a set done using the fan coral (top of grip) or spider coral (middle front edge). I had the grips "fattened" up so it would be easier to handle.
If I remember correctly he said he taught lapidary classes. There should be some people around who could do this type of work. Now you got me thinking, have to do some research.