Most Accurate Pistol I have ever owned!

Use this section for all other firearms
Hobe Sound P.83

Most Accurate Pistol I have ever owned!

Post by Hobe Sound P.83 »

.9mm Sig-Sauer P.229 SAS-2. Execpt for a CZ-75 Model A, I briefly owned in 1988, This is the most Dead on Pistol I have ever shot. Part of the Reason is the Milled Slide, which is the difference between the P.228 and the P.229 Pistol, plus it was made for .40 S&W, and when you downsize to my favorite Pistol Caliber, .9mm It makes the Pistol More Accurate! Speaking only of my chosen Caliber, this is the most Accurate .9mm I have ever fired. If there are other Folk's who have had great Group's with a .9mm let me know, I have alway's wanted to fire a M-1911-A1 in .9mm but never had the Chance. Paul
CRY HAVOC! AND LET SLIP THE FALCONS OF ATLANTA!
hardcorekeith

Re: Most Accurate Pistol I have ever owned!

Post by hardcorekeith »

*looks at his ruler to see how big nine tenths of a millimeter would be*

Anyway, my Glock 19 is the gun that makes me shoot best. That thing does a ragged hole in rapid fire. It's gotta be the gun. :mrgreen:
Hobe Sound P.83

Post by Hobe Sound P.83 »

I hear you! Once I got the mag. Release Button reversed, and got my Rear Sight Adjusted for a Left Hander, It shoot's right on, took some tweeking to get it there! I have also heard great Thing's about Glock's in all Caliber's. However I must alway's stay with an all Metal Gun, External Hammer, and removable Grips! Just what I am used to. Paul
CRY HAVOC! AND LET SLIP THE FALCONS OF ATLANTA!
mrbunky

Post by mrbunky »

most pin point shooter i ever shot was a dan wesson model 15-6hv
with 38 wadcutters.had to be the gun.
daven

Post by daven »

I have a couple or three that are equal provided I do my part correctly. The first is a S&W Model 52 in 0.38 Special using mid-range wad cutters. This is the S&W center fire Target pistol. The second is a S&W Model 14 6" barrel using 0.38 special wad cutters, the third being a S&W Model 625 in 0.45 ACP using wad cutters again in a 5" barrel. All are ragged single holes at 7 - 10 metres if I perform correctly. Daven
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

hardcorekeith wrote:*looks at his ruler to see how big nine tenths of a millimeter would be*
I don't know of many rulers that will go down that small. A caliper will though. 9 tenths of a millimeter is pretty tiny, doesn't have anything on those 2mm pin revolvers ;). My Beretta 92FS 9mm shoots well. My old S&W Pre-Mod 10 .38 S&W does pretty well also.
DocCasualty

Post by DocCasualty »

SIG P-220 .45ACP. This one was made in early/mid 90s in W. Germany. I don't know if they're still making them like this but this is the most accurate out of the box pistol I own and a pleasure to shoot and look at.

NRA Life Member

6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

+1 DocCasualty for large frame anyway P230 in small frame
gwbiker

Post by gwbiker »

Most accurate of all the handguns I own -- Star Firestar 30MI. 9mm, 15+1, DA/SA, forged frame and built like a tank. Uses the Swiss double rail frame/slide system and loaded gun feels like it must weight about 5 pounds.

VERY accurate, but no longer in production.... :(
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Glad to see someone posted some revolvers, so if "Pistols" include revolvers, my most accurate Pistols are my S&W Highway Patrol .357's

gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Star ultrastar in 40S&W and Feg PA63 in 9x18!
For pulling the trigger as fast as you can and still staying within a note book sized peace of paper at twenty-one feet the Feg wins hands down.
G.R.
smbob

Post by smbob »

papabear wrote:Glad to see someone posted some revolvers, so if "Pistols" include revolvers, my most accurate Pistols are my S&W Highway Patrol .357's

I hear you there Papa I had a S&W Model 27 similar to your Model 28's with a 6"
barrel that was deadly accurate. It had white outline rear and red ramp front sights.
It really liked 158gr JHP's and a heavy charge of H110. From point blank out to 125
yards anything I aimed at with that gun I hit it. Like a dummy I sold it to get a 44 Mag.
I wish I had it back.

Robert
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

smbob,

I hear ya, I wish I had a lot of the ones I let go back, but it better to have had them and let em go than not to have had them at all......
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

If we are talking right out of the box with no custom work or fine tuning then I would have to say:

My most accurate revolver is a tie between an old Ruger flattop 44 and one of my S&W 586's.
My most accurate center fire pistol would be an early Sig P220.
My most accurate rimfire pistol would be my High standard HD.

Edited to add: My little P64 gets the award for most accurate pocket pistol. :D