CZ-52 Range Report

Use this section for all other firearms
Foo Bird

Re: CZ-52 Range Report

Post by Foo Bird »

I already know about the firing pin. In fact I broke one on purpose to see how easy it was. Very. When the tip broke it flew 3.5 feet and bounced off the wall. And no, I don't usually do that sort of thing. I have an upgraded pin in there now.
It also has the hardened rollers and a brand new barrel. The extended slide release is the next and last upgrade it will have.

http://www.gunpartswarehouse.com/czslidecatch2.htm

gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I converted mine to 9mm with custom grips and the results are steller, very nice groups without any feed problems after the first 150 rounds. Then I found Wolf 7.62x25 brass cased cartridges and now I wish I would have stuck with the origenal barrel.
This is a great hand gun that would be well accepted if it were issued today by a major brand manfacturer with minimal improvements. How about a double stack 7.62x25 with an improved frame made by S&W, or a Colt double stack 7.62x25 with improved ergonomics, match grade trigger, sights and barrel with improved slim line grips.
The variationes would be never ending for another fifty years not unlike the Colt 1911. The frame variationes alone could last another five years, add the various frame, barrel and slide lengths and it could last another sixty years like the 1911.
The pistole has one ability that the 45acp. does not have, it can defeat certain modern body armor!
The variationes are only limited by the designers imagination, ask the fellows at FN what they can do with the cartridge?
G.R.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

I THINK there is a Glock made with a 7.62x25 barrel.

EDIT: There is a modern pistol made, but it is not a Glock. It's a Zastava product.