Dilemma for 2010

Use this section for all other firearms
rottenrick

Re: Dilemma for 2010

Post by rottenrick »

Today, I went to a pawn shop that was going out of business, thinking I might pick up a good deal or two. Boy was I surprized!! These guys just marked their prices UP, $350.00 for a CZ-52 ("but it has a holster he said"), $800.00 for a ratty a_ _ed AK-47 (with two mags). "Just because it's you I'll knock off 150 on the pistol, and 250 on the rifle what do you say??" Wasn't that a line from the movie 'True Lies'??? I had to control myself, he kinda' reminded me of Mr. Hainey on Green Acres. I'm in south Georgia guys, I had to leave was about ready to die laughing. He was an nice old gent (for a crook). It made my day, some one else told me it was about his 5th 'Going out of business sale'.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

rottenrick wrote:Today, I went to a pawn shop that was going out of business, thinking I might pick up a good deal or two. Boy was I surprized!! These guys just marked their prices UP, $350.00 for a CZ-52 ("but it has a holster he said"), $800.00 for a ratty a_ _ed AK-47 (with two mags). "Just because it's you I'll knock off 150 on the pistol, and 250 on the rifle what do you say??" Wasn't that a line from the movie 'True Lies'??? I had to control myself, he kinda' reminded me of Mr. Hainey on Green Acres. I'm in south Georgia guys, I had to leave was about ready to die laughing. He was an nice old gent (for a crook). It made my day, some one else told me it was about his 5th 'Going out of business sale'.
ONLY his 5th? I would have expected 25th...
pshootr

Post by pshootr »

Wish we could get these over here. They come up occasionally in Europe but cannot be imported as they do not meet the BATFE's "points" count for imported handguns. I don't know if they were classified C&R if that would override the "points" system.
http://sunblest.net/gun/FegR78.htm