Dilemma for 2010

Use this section for all other firearms
deltacornbread

Dilemma for 2010

Post by deltacornbread »

OK, right now I am looking at having about 500 dollars of cash to add to my arsenal this year.(or at least this is all wife will know about. sneaky, ain't I?) :D
Here is what I am looking at. Nother P64. Why not? Still priced right. Add CZ70 while they are still cheap. CZ52. Yea, I know, should have already bought one. Missed the boat on these. :( (same with makarovs) Now that the P83 is on the market, need one. Think I going to wait a bit and watch what happens to price.
Now here is what I have;
2 CZ82's
2 PA63's (loaned one to sibling. probably never see again)
1 P64. Have an extra slide (somewhere)
1 Romanian Tok
1 Nagant revolver

On the rifle side, thinking about K-31 and/or VZ24.

My ideas on buying Mil-surp is to buy reasonable. Once the price jumps up, aka Makarov, I look elsewhere. Not that I don't want everything, but as a wage earner I don't have the means to buy everything I want. Sure wish I had started buying the 9x18's when they first hit the country. Was hung up on big bores back then. Oh well. :wink:
hvacken

Re: Dilemma for 2010

Post by hvacken »

I'm looking at a CZ70 too.. for the price, why not? If I were you I'd also look at picking up a Bulgarian Mak before the prices go up even higher.
deltacornbread

Post by deltacornbread »

hvacken wrote:I'm looking at a CZ70 too.. for the price, why not? If I were you I'd also look at picking up a Bulgarian Mak before the prices go up even higher.
Thinking about it. But, you are looking at 300.00 for a mil-surp. And I don't see any advantages to a Mak compared to the CZ, PA 63 or P64. Still would like to own one. I remember years ago when the East German Maks hit the market. Near my tail kicked for not buying a couple. But as I stated earlier, I was into big bores back then. Considered the 9x19 a wuss round, much less a 9x18.
Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump :wink: :D
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

deltacornbread wrote:
hvacken wrote:I'm looking at a CZ70 too.. for the price, why not? If I were you I'd also look at picking up a Bulgarian Mak before the prices go up even higher.
Thinking about it. But, you are looking at 300.00 for a mil-surp. And I don't see any advantages to a Mak compared to the CZ, PA 63 or P64. Still would like to own one. I remember years ago when the East German Maks hit the market. Near my tail kicked for not buying a couple. But as I stated earlier, I was into big bores back then. Considered the 9x19 a wuss round, much less a 9x18.
Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump :wink: :D
CZ70 is .32 acp. PA63 is generally unpleasant to shoot according to most people that have one. P64 can be a bit unpleasant and there are no replacement parts available. The Mak? Easy and fun to shoot. Parts galore for sale. 9x18 dries up or even disappears? Convert to .380 with aftermarket barrel.

A little fuel to the fire:

http://www.southernohiogun.com/cz-70-pi ... acp-1.html
http://www.southernohiogun.com/catalogs ... rev+Pistol
K-31:
http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop2/ ... cts_id=209
hvacken

Post by hvacken »

[/quote]

CZ70 is .32 acp. PA63 is generally unpleasant to shoot according to most people that have one. P64 can be a bit unpleasant and there are no replacement parts available. The Mak? Easy and fun to shoot. Parts galore for sale. 9x18 dries up or even disappears? Convert to .380 with aftermarket barrel.

A little fuel to the fire:

http://www.southernohiogun.com/cz-70-pi ... acp-1.html
http://www.southernohiogun.com/catalogs ... rev+Pistol
K-31:
http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop2/ ... cts_id=209[/quote]

Excellent points! That's what I was trying to say about the Makarov.
deltacornbread

Post by deltacornbread »

CZ70 is cheap right now and since I plan on adding a KalTec 32 shortly might as well get the CZ70 since I wil be buying 32acp ammo anyway. P64 and PA63 are not for extended shooting sessions. However, both are accurate and like them both for CCW. Sights suck, but at close range and with me wearing tri-focals I have becume a "pointer" at close range anyhow. If I am going to do some extended shooting with 9x18, then I bring out the CZ82's. Gun fits my hand like a form fitting glove. Would love to get a Mak, but unless I run across some xtra funds, ain't gonna happen.
Run out of 9x18 ammo? Not unless they ban reloaders, powder and lead.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

deltacornbread wrote:CZ70 is cheap right now and since I plan on adding a KalTec 32 shortly might as well get the CZ70 since I wil be buying 32acp ammo anyway. P64 and PA63 are not for extended shooting sessions. However, both are accurate and like them both for CCW. Sights suck, but at close range and with me wearing tri-focals I have becume a "pointer" at close range anyhow. If I am going to do some extended shooting with 9x18, then I bring out the CZ82's. Gun fits my hand like a form fitting glove. Would love to get a Mak, but unless I run across some xtra funds, ain't gonna happen.
Run out of 9x18 ammo? Not unless they ban reloaders, powder and lead.
You'll like the CZ-70. My dad has one. The thing you might have to watch out for is a malfunctioning de-cocker. Usually the firing pin and/or pin block is worn. Replace those and it should fix the problem.
True 9x18 shouldn't disappear, but this admin could ban imported ammo in order to drive up the prices here at home. At that point unless there is a large demand, we might see reloading components for the the 9x18 become more scarce and expensive. .380 may be more economical in that situation.
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

I know it's not a pistol, but mosin nagant rifles are alot of fun, and can be had for well under $100.
hangfire

Post by hangfire »

Deltacornbread the CZ-52s are still out there but yep they're scarcer now and you'll have to pay up a bit. I snagged one in near mint condition this afternoon at a shop I visit maybe twice a year, guy had 6 in stock.

I too have been trolling around for a CZ 70, they're interesting little pistols. Ones I'm finding in shops and at gun shows are mostly overpriced beaters that I wouldn't care to own. May have to give in and buy off GB or one of the other auction sites.
hangfire
mellisallen

Post by mellisallen »

if you pick up a k31 please let us, (well me), know im loking at them as a next purchase. btw i have a few mosins and love em
deltacornbread

Post by deltacornbread »

Think I have made up my mind. CMP Garand(always wanted one) and get this, ANOTHER P64. Dadgum things are too good and too cheap not to. Of course I am sure I will find a way to pick up a couple of other "toys".
BTW, Bought my P32 yesterday. I have dubbed it "get off me gun".
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

Definately can't go wrong with a CMP Garand. Mine is always one of my favorite shooters.
deltacornbread

Post by deltacornbread »

piaggior wrote:Definately can't go wrong with a CMP Garand. Mine is always one of my favorite shooters.
Wanted one all my life. No more waiting and putting off.
daven

Post by daven »

Know the feeling! Have just picked up an hexagon-MN for a very reasonable price plus one of the last Mauser-made HSc's in 0.380. Must go back and look at those mil-surps again, advantage of a C&R licence. Daven
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

one of my favorite pick ups was a CMP M1 .I was even lucky enuff to pick it out in person on a trip to Ohio