What Would You Do ?

Use this section for all other firearms
Foo Bird

What Would You Do ?

Post by Foo Bird »

I am lusting after a CZ-83. For those not familiar it's a CZ-82, but in .380.
The problem is I am at the point where for every gun I buy, I need to sell off another gun. In this case the gun I would have to sell is a Russian Makarov with extended (non-threaded) barrel and 6 magazines.
The reason why I need to sell is space constraints in addition to money issues.

The CZ doesn't look any less concealable and is hi-cap with the same type of controls on the High-Power and 1911 which I am very familiar with.
Everything tells me it's the way to go but...

I guess my hesitation to sell it after buying a CZ-83 is because it was my first handgun ever and it literally kept me from being maimed or murdered on two ocassions.
Whatcha think?
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What Would You Do ?

Post by dfunk »

I think you ought not turn your back on an old friend that saved your hide. Save your pennies.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Foo Bird
I have to agree with DF, and save my pennies
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dwd

Post by dwd »

Don't do it. You'll regret it later.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

Go with what you know. Sell blood if you have to, keep the old girl ( didn't say it had to be your own blood, just kidding!!)
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

rottenrick wrote:Go with what you know. Sell blood if you have to, keep the old girl ( didn't say it had to be your own blood, just kidding!!)
Tried that. The blood banks don't take it already bagged.
Guess I'll have to sell a kidney. Anyone want to go camping? :wink:

Thanks for the responses everyone. You are all thinking the same thing I am-especially Rottenrick. BTW Rick, they have pills for that.
protector

Post by protector »

dfunk wrote:I think you ought not turn your back on an old friend that saved your hide. Save your pennies.
110% correct :!:
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

foobird, no thanks on the camping offer, may be later. LOL!
I love my .380 pistoles and since I reload I shoot them often. My guess is that when it comes time to sell one I won't have a problem doing so. If you really want one go ahead and buy it. How ever, your going to have a problem finding ammunition for a while, it is currently very expensive and never has been cheap by comparison to 9mm, 9x18 and 38 sp. ammo.
So unless you reload don't plan on doing a lot of shooting with your new purchase, but take heart, you can just sit and hold it and enjoy its aesthetic beauty for hour's on end. :)
Good luck with your decision.
G.R.
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

Where are you at in AZ? Mesa gun shop has a 90 day layaway. I think he had a used CZ 83 last time I was there. You might later regret selling a pistol that has a track record of saving your bacon.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

piaggior wrote:Where are you at in AZ? Mesa gun shop has a 90 day layaway. I think he had a used CZ 83 last time I was there. You might later regret selling a pistol that has a track record of saving your bacon.
Well, unless he's selling it for about $220, not able to swing it. Thank you for the tip, tho. Sadly, most places where I've found them sell them for $350 to $400+. Call me spoiled, but I'm not spending that much for a .380.

Good news for me and anyone that gives a rat's pattootie. Found some gun parts I forgot I had. Should be able to cover most of the cost of a $220 CZ-83 while letting me keep my Mak. Thanks for the responses.

:D :hi: :) :mrgreen:
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

Good God, if you found a CZ-83 for $220 you better jump on it. That is a great price!
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

piaggior wrote:Good God, if you found a CZ-83 for $220 you better jump on it. That is a great price!
After searching (Holy crud $450) I'm starting to wonder if they haven't "updated" their prices in a while.

:?: :?:
piaggior
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by piaggior »

I checked yesterday at Mesa Gun Shop. He wants $379 for the 83. He had a CZ-82 for $212, if you don't mind 9x18.
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

piaggior wrote:I checked yesterday at Mesa Gun Shop. He wants $379 for the 83. He had a CZ-82 for $212, if you don't mind 9x18.
That will be my fallback-the CZ82. I'm going to call the place in question Monday and find out what is going on price wise.
Thanks for all the help.