Titan 25

Use this section for all other firearms
kurremkarm

Titan 25

Post by kurremkarm »

I just inherited one of these. I read that one of them had an AD when dropped and some guy sued the company. How the heck would you carry one of these-- or would you?

The gun is sa and apparantley the guy had it hammer down and dropped it and shot himself and was paralyzed. You could carry it cocked and locked, dunno if the safety is any good.

Maybe i will just trade it or sell it, was free to me.

Anyone know anything about these guns?
Last edited by kurremkarm on January 22nd, 2010, 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electro6

Titan 25

Post by electro6 »

My father had one that he bought back in the 1960's when I was a kid. The gun shot surprisingly accurately. It was imported by F.I.E. in Miami and manufactured by Tanfoglio of Italy. The gun was far better made than the average .25 acp from the last 30 years other than maybe the Bauer .25 auto which was a stainless copy of the Baby Browning. As far as the safety goes, it is a trigger safety and it does keep the trigger from dropping the hammer, but I don't know that I would carry cocked and locked because it does not lock the hammer.
kurremkarm

Titan 25

Post by kurremkarm »

According to this report I read the guy had the gun loaded, hammer down, dropped the gun and it went off shooting him in the neck. So sounds like you could only carry this gun empty and hope to chamber a round if the poo hit the fan-- that is not something i am willing to do. OTOH, my recoil hating GF might use this gun to good effect if someone broke in when i was gone.
dogngun

Re: Titan 25

Post by dogngun »

I have had 2 of them, one Italian, one made here - both were very reliable guns, and you can carry them with the hammer cocked and locked or at half cock with the safety on. Both of mine - and every other one I have ever handled - had a very positive safety, and I had no problems carrying it. Make sure you have good mags for it - the only problems I have experienced with them were due to bad mags, and good ones are pretty hard to come by.

They are actually pretty accurate little pistols, although I gues most people don't bother to use the sights. Mine were very reliable and solid, and really cheap to buy.

mark