News and I'm trading up

Use this section for all other firearms
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

News and I'm trading up

Post by dfunk »

I wanted to thank you all for all of the kind words, prayers, and keeping my wife and me in your thoughts. Our son, Simon, was born on Nov. 6th @ 6:26PM in Cincinnati. I feel like such a softy when I look at him - he pretty much melts me! Again, thank you.

On that note...
I sold my XD40 this week, and now have an M38 with maaaanny extras and another pistol almost sold. I decided it was time to trade up to something I've always wanted since this may be the last one I buy for a while - a Springfield Champion in stainless (PX9142LP). So, until all my scratch is saved, how about some 1911 photos to tide me over? I know you guys have some real beauts! (looking in your direction, Papa)
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

News and I'm trading up

Post by anjdrifter »

congradulations
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

News and I'm trading up

Post by manicmechanic »

Congrats on the newbie!!
Here's my only 1911, hope this helps.

normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

News and I'm trading up

Post by normsutton »

DF

congratulations

here are some of mine
Argentine's

Llama

RIA compact

CD

amt

SAM

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on November 24th, 2009, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dom

News and I'm trading up

Post by dom »

Congrats to you and the Mrs. on the newest family member. Hope Mom and little Simon are both in good health.
rottenrick

News and I'm trading up

Post by rottenrick »

Congrats man!! Look at the hands on that kid. Made to do leather I tell you!!
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

News and I'm trading up

Post by anjdrifter »

RIA
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

News and I'm trading up

Post by papabear »

Congratulations to a proud papa, I know the "sofety" feeling, a new born can melt just about any old crusty tough guy exterior in a heart beat, really happy for you and mom.

Congrats also on getting the Springfield Champion, IMO its a fine piece of weaponry, not just because I have the Springfield GI Champion in the commander size 4" bbl also, but because I know how they preform, yours is a much nicer configuration than the GI model but non the less I really like mine, so I know your going to like yours.

Per your request for 1911's

Springfield GI Champion

'43 Remington Rand
Same '43 RR w/shoulder holster, mags and '43 acp ammo dad carried in WWII as a Flying Tiger w/14th Air Force

Taurus PT 1911

70 Series Colt

RIA Commander [MS]

RIA Tactical

53 Ballister Molina
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

News and I'm trading up

Post by anjdrifter »

Argentine model
Last edited by anjdrifter on November 25th, 2009, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

News and I'm trading up

Post by anjdrifter »

Last edited by anjdrifter on November 25th, 2009, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

News and I'm trading up

Post by dfunk »

These are great! Thanks for feeding my need...
I noticed that a lot you guys prefer that arched MSH - I do not. I also get very uncomfortable with the standard grip safety - I much prefer to have a beavertail. How do you guys like your RIA's?
protector

News and I'm trading up

Post by protector »

One is never enough Dickfunk,the 1911 bug will get you too! :(

God bless your child,wife, and you!
Last edited by protector on November 25th, 2009, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

News and I'm trading up

Post by anjdrifter »

dickfunk wrote:These are great! Thanks for feeding my need...
I noticed that a lot you guys prefer that arched MSH - I do not. I also get very uncomfortable with the standard grip safety - I much prefer to have a beavertail. How do you guys like your RIA's?
Absolutely love the RIA. When I first got mine they were relatively unknown,or at least by me.Becasue of the inexpensive price I dont think they were given the respect they deserve.There have been quite a few good reviews from a few magazines that also have been very good. The bottom line for me is a RIA is the one I instintively pick up for some fun on the range.Or for that matter serious work.
to answer your other question or questions the beavertail is a nice add on, the MSH is something I ddnt really have a prefence about ...the The RIA dont have the MSH..on some models ...the grip safety is no problem at all,except when wanting to decock it,for me at least.no a problem really just a little aukward till you get used to it..
Last edited by anjdrifter on November 26th, 2009, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

News and I'm trading up

Post by normsutton »

DF

I like the arched MSH it fits my small hands better,
RIAC compact

I really noticed the difference in the feel when I started collecting Argentine's 1911 A1's
so I change all my others to the arched MSH

RIA's best bag for the buck http://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

News and I'm trading up

Post by papabear »

I like both of my RIA's, never a minutes problem with either after several hundred rounds each. I was raised on a 1911A1 from the tender age of 14, one of them that I have now, my dad's Remington Rand is the one I was raised on . So I'm more comfortable with the old standard grip safety and arched MSH, however the RIA's have the flat MSH as do the Taurus 1911's, but I prefer the arched MSH, however, for some reason the RIA's flat MSH are really are not a problem for me, but the flat MSH on my Taurus PT1911 caused the bottom of the grip frame to dig into the heel of my hand. Norm replaced it for me on one of my visits to his place. Now the Taurus PT 1911 feels great in my hand.

Before

After
Last edited by papabear on November 26th, 2009, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER