Use this section for all other firearms
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

News and I'm trading up

Post by anjdrifter »

Ballister Molina marine police
LLama
Last edited by anjdrifter on November 26th, 2009, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

News and I'm trading up

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Dick, congratulations to you and your spouse, a handsome young man who is no doubt as smart as his father and will happily fallow in his foot steps. Best of wishes for you and your new family.
G.M.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

News and I'm trading up

Post by dfunk »

Thanks fellas and thanks for all of the great photos!
p64

News and I'm trading up

Post by p64 »

I have and prefer the flat MSH, they are always able to be changed if you decide to try arched later.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: News and I'm trading up

Post by dfunk »

So, I posted back in November that I was selling off a lot of gear that never made it to the range, and was trading up for what I really wanted, but couldn't justify in price. Originally I was looking for a stainless commander-sized 1911, and the Springfield loaded champ fit bill nicely. After looking some more, I decided to go Colt instead of Springfield (if it's not a Colt, it's a copy, right?). After pricing things out to build my ideal carry gun, I ultimately decided that a full size wouldn't be any harder to carry than the commander, and that the Combat Elite had everything I was looking for. Well, the time finally came pounce on a deal that I was watching over at Guns America, so here it is...

We went out last night and put about 100 rounds through it in the half hour we had to shoot. All I can say is that it shoots like a laser and is the most accurate handgun I've ever shot, including the P64. Zero malfunctions and fed 100% from the OEM mags along with some mixed shooting stars and CM Powermags. I shot it along side of my bro's '96 Kimber, and not only did the Colt feel different in the hand, but it out-performed it in my hands. The Novak sights are quick to pick up, and fast follow-up shots were very easy. It disappears in my carry rig and is quite comfortable to carry all day. I thought a 5" bbl would be uncomfortable to carry versus the 4.25" commander, but I have no issues with carrying a Govt. size 1911 at all.

It wasn't the gun I was originally was looking for, but I'm damned glad it found me! This one will go to my little guy some day.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

DK,

OUTSDANDING....., Image you got me drooling all over my keyboard. I've been thinking of doing the same thing for some time now, selling off some closet/safe queens and getting something like that, I just can't figure out what what I'm willing to let of, you have enhanced my thought process again.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Guns that don't get shot are worthless unless they're worth holding on to. Mine were things I could live without and nothing was a collector piece or heirloom. This new Colt, however, I'm already quite attached to - it's going nowhere!
protector

Post by protector »

Very nice "Roscoe" Dickfunk! Now work up some target loads with some SWC's and you will really see what that beast can do...
robalan

Post by robalan »

Springfield 1911-A1 9MM Loaded Target 5 SS. Nice looking weapon, just a little too big for cc.
Last edited by robalan on March 18th, 2010, 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

That's a great looking Springer. I saw one at the range the other day (an NM Target model like yours), and it was really nice looking.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

DF

looking good

at lest its not a kimber, its a real Colt

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

OUCH!!!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

papabear
you know I don't like kumbers

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I like the early Clackamas I've shot, but the newer models seem cheap.
Now work up some target loads with some SWC's and you will really see what that beast can do...
protector: already saving the brass to do just that!
robalan

Post by robalan »

dfunk wrote:That's a great looking Springer. I saw one at the range the other day (an NM Target model like yours), and it was really nice looking.
I have only had my target model to the range once, keeping it nice. It looks like all these posts on the subject look great! We are all very lucky.