Star PD 45acp *Update*

Use this section for all other firearms
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Star PD 45acp *Update*

Post by papabear »

Went to my dealer yesterday and picked up my Star PD 45acp in Starvel finish that I had put on layaway. The PD is a commander size with a 4" bbl and weights in as a lightweight at 25oz empty with a alloy frame and steel slide and holds 6+1, this one comes with hard case with manual in Spanish and English, tools and two original SS or Starvel PD mags. The Star PD is the 45 acp version of the 9mm Star BM.

Starvel is electrolysis nickel, in which nickel is chemically bonded to steel or aluminum by an immersion process, not by electrical discharge. It is much thinner, but harder and more durable than conventional nickelplating, and does not require an intermediate plating of copper.

Note: The "PD" designation does not stand for "Police Department", it stands for the guy that came up with the idea for the Star PD in a lightweight 45acp which is very similar to the Star BM that a few of us here have, the "PD" designation is for Pete Dicky who submitted his idea to the fine old firm of Star Bonafacia, in Spain.
Last edited by papabear on December 14th, 2009, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Star PD 45acp *Update*

Post by anjdrifter »

I am jealous...
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Star PD 45acp *Update*

Post by beasleydano »

papabear, that is a super looking PD! Interarms import? I never had one of these in Starvel but have had a few blued PDs, imported by Garcia & Interarms. The earlier Garcia import was the best quality, then the early Interarms. The last Interarms imports were not as good, fit & finish just not up to snuff. The only problem that I ever had with mine was finding replacement recoil buffers and factory mags at a reasonable price.
Last edited by beasleydano on October 18th, 2009, 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Star PD 45acp *Update*

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I just paid $45.00 dollars delivered for ten replacement shock buffs for mine, the old one had just about had it. Got them from a fellow right here in the Portland area and would be happy give the info to anyone who is interested.
Love the pistol, picked it up about a month ago at the GunBroker web sight, it is one of the later Interarms imports. I was going to use it for an off and on carry gun but it is so accurate that I'm going to re-blue the slide and have the frame re-anodized.
Great guns, too bad they could not make the cut, does anyone know what happened to them; I've never heard a bad report about their pistole's.
G.M.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on October 20th, 2009, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Star PD 45acp *Update*

Post by beasleydano »

The last Star PD recoil buffers that I bought were ones made & sold by Hoosier Gun Works: http://hoosiergunworks.com/
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Star PD 45acp *Update*

Post by dfunk »

That thing's a beaut!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Star PD 45acp *Update*

Post by papabear »

I received a set of laminated silver/black girps from Gun Grip Guys a while back, I really like em a lot better than the Pachmayr wrap around gips.

POINT SHOOTER