Are Beretta 92 mags interchangeable with Taurus

Use this section for all other firearms
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

Will Beretta 92 mags interchange with the Taurus clones?? I'm looking for a companion gun for the Kel-tec 2000 carbine. I don't really want a Glock 17. I'm open to suggestions/advise.
daven

Post by daven »

In the 92s, certainly. These were made on the Italian machinery licenced to Taurus. later models? Dave_n
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

Thanks daven, that's what I was wondering.
tman11787

Post by tman11787 »

Hey Guys ...sorry to disagree, but I don't think Beretta and Taurus mags are interchangable, or at least they weren't back in the 90's...

See Item 12 at this site...

http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?page_id=84
Last edited by tman11787 on September 24th, 2009, 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

tman, Thank you. As it turns out I just got in, but stopped at a local shop hefted a Beretta 92, the grip is worse for comfort than the Glock. Guess I'll try S&W 5900 pistols, I'm running out of options here. It may be a Glock 17 in my future after all.
primarchbentley

Post by primarchbentley »

rottenrick, if you get a chance, check out a CZ. Whether a 75B, or one of the newer P0* versions...

Love my CZ-75B, got soda can sized groupings at 20 yards the very first time I picked her up and took her to the range...
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

primarchbentley, Thanks man, in the little burg I'm in now, probably can't spell CZ. I'll look, but I'll end up going to the 'Big City' Tallahassee to find a CZ-75B. Do me good, I've run out of good cigars anyway, can't get good one's here (only cutting room floor stuff). Thanks again.
daven

Post by daven »

Rick: I would second, if not "third" the CZ suggestion. I have a CZ75 Compact, CZ75B and the CZ85. Built like tanks, point where you point!, and swallow anything. On the other hand, I will back my S&W Model 39-2 against any of the three for sheer pointability. Must disagree with tman above; I have used 92 Beretta mags in the Taurus and vice versa in years gone by (though it was in the very early 90s when both were difficult to obtain at times. Dave_n
southpaw

Post by southpaw »

I'll fourth the CZ-75 suggest, great pistols! Their SP-01 is my favorite