Erma KGP 68A, I finally got one!

Use this section for all other firearms
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I'm sure many of you saw the Erma KGP68A at the auction arms auction site, the pistol appears to be in excellent condition short of the missing extractor. I'm also sure you all know the extractor is the hardest part to find for these moderately rare little pistols. I've been looking for one for so long that I could not pass this one up. It took me two and a half years to find a functioning adjustable rear sight for my Astra Constable and I'm sure it will take me at least that long or longer to find the extractor for this very cool little hand gun.
As soon as it arrives I will post photo's.
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on December 21st, 2009, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Found a complete toggle system and many extra parts for my Erma KGP 68A and had the extractor transfered to my pistol by the folks at the Shooters Service in the Saint Johns area here in Portland. Just as soon as I kick a nasty sinus infection I will get myself to the range and put the pistol through it's paces.
G.R.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Fired the Erma yesterday, accuracy is good as expected though the ejector/extractor has problems. Extractor doesn't want to let go of the empty casings. Feed ramp is in need a good polish to guarantee proper feeding of the cartridges. When hand operated things do function properly so shouldn't take much adjustment?
This is a project I did not expect but will be fun none the less.
G.R.
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

;)

Photos GR?

Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas