CZ 70

Use this section for all other firearms
electross

CZ 70

Post by electross »

Gentlemen,
I spotted a CZ 70 today for 189.00 at a local gunshop. I have looked at these in the past but never took the bait. I know its only .32 cal. I know its a little small to be much of a stopping force for home protection but my wife will be completely turned off of anything remotely causing amounts of recoil. I would feel better if she had something when I'm away for protection but that means she is going to have to shoot it and practice a little. You can just picture the flinching that she would do with some of my existing collection. Besides, I don't want to give up a P64,PPKS, EG Makarov, .357, or any of my handguns that begin with 4. You guys think a .32 might be the way to go? Forget the wife, I like the CZ70, what do you guys think? :-/
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

CZ 70

Post by normsutton »

electross
there a lot of guys on this board who have 32's , I personally have 3 ,25's and if I see another one that I like for the right price I'll buy it too, just let us see some pix .

here is a pix of my 25's

BAUER
Mondial
ASTRA

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
electross

CZ 70

Post by electross »

Hi Norm,
I haven't made up my mind about the purchase. It is still in the gun shop case. I checked Wolff Springs and there is some new springs available for the CZ 50 but not for the CZ 70. I've read that the only difference is a bunch of cosmetic stuff. Grips etc. So I guess the springs are the same. It needs a little trigger help. Right now its gritty and a little on the strong side in double action. Don't like what I see available in ammo. I thinking.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

CZ 70

Post by normsutton »

Last edited by normsutton on March 14th, 2009, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
electross

CZ 70

Post by electross »

Thanks for the reply Norm, I went down and looked at it again today after work. A new set of wood grips would really dress it up and I saw that Dennis Marschal has some that should fit.

Dale
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

CZ 70

Post by normsutton »

Dale
sorry forgot what gun we where talking about , don't know If Dennis makes grips for the CZ-70 http://www.marschalgrips.com/?content=CZ-models
NORM
Last edited by normsutton on March 15th, 2009, 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
big54r

CZ 70

Post by big54r »

electross wrote:I spotted a CZ 70 today for 189.00 at a local gunshop...... Forget the wife, I like the CZ70, what do you guys think? :-/
whew, I haven't seen a cz70 in awhile around my neck of the woods (metro Houston)...I'd get it for your wife so she would at least have something and pair it with some good defensive 32acp ammo...I see a worker at the local indoor range I go to carrying a cz50 in 32acp all the time...small, EZ to carry and better than a 911 call or a cop on the way!

maybe not ideal but neither is my p64 but I still carry it daily!
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

CZ 70

Post by grayfox »

I have a CZ-50. Not much diff than a CZ-70. When I first got mine, the trigger was gritty, but after a real good cleaning it shoots fine. The pow-r-ball is a hot rd for SD. I also painted the stocks with the Krylon fusison, still the same after two years.
electross

CZ 70

Post by electross »

Grayfox that looks good. Don't know if I'm brave enough to go with white grips but every time I see a handgun with them, I like it. Do you think CZ 50 grips will fit a CZ 70? I've read that the only difference is cosmetic between the two and Marchalko has grips for the CZ50. Nice lookin CZ50. Is the floor plate on the mag stock or did you make that?
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

CZ 70

Post by grayfox »

First,
The grips just show up white because of the flash, they are more of a tan. And the mags came that way. I think the mags will fit both guns.
6x6pinz

CZ 70

Post by 6x6pinz »

the only troubles I have had have been magazine related.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

CZ 70

Post by grayfox »

Don't know why, but mine will jam/fte, with american ammo. If I use S&B,ect., it works fine. :o
electross

CZ 70

Post by electross »

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll ponder this and who knows, I may pick it up. I just purchased a re-loader and my time seems consumed with absorbing as much stuff on that as I can. Not interested in re-loading .32. I always liked the looks of one (a CZ70) and thought I would ask if anyone had experience with one here. As always, a wealth of info on this board. I may just turn the wife on to something I have in my arsenal and see what she thinks. I'm sorry but it won't be a P64. I really don't believe its a beginners pistol. I'll work her up to it if I can get her to shoot something small first. Like a Ruger 22/45. Thanks again.
Dale
6x6pinz

CZ 70

Post by 6x6pinz »

you should look at the CZ27 (also in 32) These are accurate and easy to shoot. Most of the gals I take out, that are ready for centerfire pistols, really like shooting my cz27. Good heavy gun and light round. Still the problem of not wanting to reload 32 though.
electross

CZ 70

Post by electross »

6X6pinz,
Thanks for the reply. I'll check out a CZ27. Your right about re-loading .32. I am just now getting into re-loading and I'm starting on the bullets that I shoot the most, 9X18, .40, .45 and In rifles , I can't help myself, .223. The smaller calibers just don't seem feasible.