Colt Diamondback Steal

Use this section for all other firearms
olympus

Colt Diamondback Steal

Post by olympus »

Well fellas I believe I just found one of those "deal of the year" guns today. A heard a guy had a Colt Diamondback 4" nickel and he was wanting $350. I took out of work in the middle of the day today to go buy it. I ended up getting the guy to take $300 for it!

The gun locks up very tight and doesn't look like it's been shot much at all. The only drawback is that it has some surface corrosion. The guy kept it in his basement for too many years. So what are my options as far as trying to buff the spots off? I've already called Colt and they said they will totally remove the old finish and replate it for $325 which would put my total up to $625 which I think is still a good price for a gun that would be returned to brand new condition. But I wanted to try to see if I could remove the spots myself first. I've had several people tell me to use some Flitz on it, but I don't know where I can buy it. I've also had another person tell me to get some heavy aluminum foil and use it like sandpaper and it will take the spots right off. Does anyone else have any ideas that I could try first before I send it back to Colt?
doyle

Colt Diamondback Steal

Post by doyle »

First, try some very fine steel wool or brass/copper wool and any good oil as a lubricant. It won't do any harm and just might make it look good enough to satisfy you.