What does it cost to renew cc permit in your state

Use this section for all other firearms
dwd

Post by dwd »

I got my renewal notice in the mail the other day. It said I needed to go to the the sheriffs office, do something, then go to the DMV. Well I went to the sheriff's office today and they wanted $50 to renew. I remember when I took the class three years ago I asked what the renewal fee would be but it was new enough that they didn't know. I went ahead and paid it because I don't want to be without it now that I've had it.
Now I am supposed to wait 24 hrs so they can upload me into the system before I go to the DMV to finish, which will probably be more like 72 hours since it was Friday.
I thought $50 was a little high just so I can express my second amendment right. what is it in your state?
I guess if you divide it over three years it is not so bad. I actually shorted myself two months because it doesn't expire until the end of March. But I had the money and time today and I didn't want to forget about it later on.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

dwd

think I paid 300 to get it ,then I think I paid 175 for renewal fee ,

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

In Tenn its 40.00 every four years. But the sheriff is out of the game, we go to the drivers lic office to get ours.
Last edited by grayfox on January 31st, 2009, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

In Pennsylvania it costs $25.00 for a paper license, or $46.00 for a hard plastic driver's license style, every five years. We have to go to the local sheriff's department and supply two references from non-relatives. For the cheaper paper permit you must also supply two passport photographs. I don't know anyone who gets the paper one.

Fritzhund
Last edited by fritzhund on January 31st, 2009, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
foxtrotter

Post by foxtrotter »

West Virginia, is $50.00 to renew. If you travel alot Check Florida'sI have it also it iis good in 23 states now. $117.00 for it.
breeze

Post by breeze »

Virginia is 50 bucks and now before you can get it the first time you have to take a safety course and get fingerprinted. You should have seen the sheriff trying to do mine. My subconscious kept making me pull my hand back. It was quite a struggle. I think ours is five years.

You are right, way to high a price to pay for what is supposed to be a right, not a privilege. Heck, it is an obligation to me as an American to carry a gun.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by space »

NH (the "Live Free or Die" state) is $10 every 4 years. No course, fingerprints etc...
primarchbentley

Post by primarchbentley »

UT is $10 for renewal every 5 years. Good reciprocity, good recognition from other states. In fact, so many people from other states apply for UT permits that there's a current bill to limit issuance to UT residents only. Highly doubt it'll pass, fortunately... Over 142k active permits as of Dec. 31, 2008, no stats given regarding resident/non-resident.
hairypolack

Post by hairypolack »

NORMSUTTON wrote:dwd

NORM
$300? That is disgusting. >:( I paid $56 for permit and background check for five years. Renew is $20.
dwd

Post by dwd »

Well, I went to the DMV today and paid another $12 for them to print me a new card. That brings the total to $62, or about 6 boxes of shells to put it in relative terms. It sounds like Missouri is a little on the high side compared to other states.
When I first got the permit I paid $100 for the required safety course. Another $100 to the sheriff. And something like $10 for the actual card. Something Missouri does that other states might not, you can have your it added to your drivers license and only have one card to carry. I chose not too. I didn't want everyone that checks my ID to know I'm packing. That's for me to know and you to find out, if you know what I mean.
Concealed carry is less than five years old in Missouri. I remember when they passed the law these fees were only to cover the cost of paper work. It looks to me like somebody is making money off of it.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

In Florida its $117 initially ($42 fingerprint fee + $75 licensing fee) and $65 to renew every 7 years.

NORMSUTTON wrote:dwd

NORM
What kinda permit do you have, Norm? Only permit I see that cost $300 is for a Consular-Security Officer...but the renewal fee is also $300. http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/license/fees.html
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

It's the same as the original permit, $105, except you don't have to pay for anymore classes. Good for 5 years and expires on your birthday.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

barnett

300 was what it was when I first got my mine my renewal fee was I think like 175 really can't remember but it was some where around that , but the 300 I'm sure of

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
twistedfocus

Post by twistedfocus »

Here in Ohio it used to be $45 for a 4 year permit. They recently extended it to 5 years, but it's $55.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

Update on Tenn. Now its 50.00 & you have to bring in your birth cerf. or a passport to renew.