What does it cost to renew cc permit in your state

Use this section for all other firearms
lcberlin

Post by lcberlin »

$75 to the state of Indiana, and $50 to the local top cop for processing.

Renew is only $60.
dusty62

Post by dusty62 »

primarchbentley wrote:UT is $10 for renewal every 5 years. Good reciprocity, good recognition from other states. In fact, so many people from other states apply for UT permits that there's a current bill to limit issuance to UT residents only. Highly doubt it'll pass, fortunately... Over 142k active permits as of Dec. 31, 2008, no stats given regarding resident/non-resident.
Ok, at the risk of sounding completely clueless, one can get an out of state (non-resident) CCW in some states? I've never heard of that but then I'm not exactly an old hat at any of this, either. How would that work, if you don't mind expounding on that for me?

Just going through my application for CCW here in Michigan. Application fee is $105, fingerprinting (approx.) $15, passport photo (approx.) $20, pistol safety training course (approx.) $80.

Renewel is stated as required not less than 4 years or more than 5 years from the date the original license was issued. Individual has to sign a statement certifying that they have completed at least 3 hours of review of the pistol safety training course. However, I don't see anywhere in this application form a cost for renewel. Of course, there is one. They just didn't put it in the form.

dus'
dwd

Post by dwd »

Yes, I've heard that CCW can be obtained out of state. Specifically, Florida and it is reciprocal in many states. I knew some people had theirs before Missouri passed it for us.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
dusty62

Post by dusty62 »

Got ya, dwd. Yeah, ok, I did a bit more research, dug a little deeper, (more like finally linked up to the right sites), and found that Michigan doesn't acknowledge the Florida non-resident permits. Bummer 'cuz Florida's is much less expensive since they would accept my DD-214 as proof of firearms training whereas Michigan won't. I see that Nevada and New Hampshire both also do non-resident, but N.H. will only if you currently possess a permit for your state of residence (kind of redundant, I think).

dus'
primarchbentley

Post by primarchbentley »

dusty62 wrote:
primarchbentley wrote:UT is $10 for renewal every 5 years. Good reciprocity, good recognition from other states. In fact, so many people from other states apply for UT permits that there's a current bill to limit issuance to UT residents only. Highly doubt it'll pass, fortunately... Over 142k active permits as of Dec. 31, 2008, no stats given regarding resident/non-resident.
Ok, at the risk of sounding completely clueless, one can get an out of state (non-resident) CCW in some states? I've never heard of that but then I'm not exactly an old hat at any of this, either. How would that work, if you don't mind expounding on that for me?
dus'
Basically, some states will certify instructors who are residents of other states, provided that they go through all the proper procedures. Thus, you can have an instructor living and working in Michigan who's certified to teach the course for the Utah CCW. This satisfies the 'go through an instructional course from a certified instructor' condition for being issued a Utah permit.

Then, you'd just have to submit the paperwork and wait (current turn-around time for mailed-in requests to UT is running 4-5 months due to volume of requests).
dusty62

Post by dusty62 »

I see. So, take the course in MI then send the paperwork to UT and wait. Well, you learn something new every day. Actually, since joining this forum I've been learning lots of new things. Always a good deal.

dus'
kempin

Post by kempin »

Better late than never . . .

In MN it depends on the county, but is not to exceed $100. 5 Yr. Permit.
istbankodad

Post by istbankodad »

lcberlin wrote:$75 to the state of Indiana, and $50 to the local top cop for processing.

Renew is only $60.

I live in Indiana too. I paid 50 to the local sheriff, 75 to the state of Indiana and it is a life time license. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Indiana is the only state with a life time gun license.