Parkerized CZ 82

Use this section for all other firearms
breeze

Parkerized CZ 82

Post by breeze »

I spent the day parkerizing my CZ 82. The trigger spring and sear spring are a bugger!! At first I wasn't sure if I should do it, but the black paint just didn't do it for me. Of all my pistols the parkerized ones keep their finish the best. I hate to say it but my P-64's beautiful bluing is wearing thin from carrying. I might parkerize that too...sacralidge?

trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Parkerized CZ 82

Post by trent »

looks good, I like that black on park look.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Parkerized CZ 82

Post by normsutton »

breeze

out standing

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
hairypolack

Parkerized CZ 82

Post by hairypolack »

very nice.
breeze

Parkerized CZ 82

Post by breeze »

Thanks for the compliments, it is nice to have someone appreciate the work. When I showed my wife, I almost had to take her to the hospital, they would have arrested me for boring her to death!
hairypolack

Parkerized CZ 82

Post by hairypolack »

breeze wrote:Thanks for the compliments, it is nice to have someone appreciate the work. When I showed my wife, I almost had to take her to the hospital, they would have arrested me for boring her to death!
My girlfriend is the same way. When I start talking guns she starts to tune out.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Parkerized CZ 82

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Breeze,
Very Very Nice!
Who's parkerizing product did you use?
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on January 30th, 2009, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
breeze

Parkerized CZ 82

Post by breeze »

I bought the Manganese Phosphate solution from Midway. I think the name was Lauer...the same outfit that sells Durocoat. I noticed Durocoat on the label. I have a batch of Zinc Phosphate as well. That makes a nice light gray, I used it on an old Springfield 03A3.....it had been butchered in a poor sporterizing years ago, I redid it with a giant scope, as a long range test-bed for hand loads. Both solutions make a real durable finish.
martilyo
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Parkerized CZ 82

Post by martilyo »

The photo isn't visible, but I have seen parkerized CZ82s and they do look great. I have been considering Duracoat, any comments?
conscript47

Parkerized CZ 82

Post by conscript47 »

I recommend GunKote, or moly resin. VERY tough finishes, leave Duracoat in the dust. I have a few AKs that have the moly finish, and you can safely use brake cleaner or even harsh solvent on them without hurting them. They hold up against scratching and wear very well, and even better, you can pick your color.