Input please on 22LR

Use this section for all other firearms
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Input please on 22LR

Post by normsutton »

dwd
I didn't know Iver Johnson built any auto loaders , you are right about Phoenix Arms quality
from what heard also

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
protector

Input please on 22LR

Post by protector »

Last edited by protector on January 7th, 2009, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
6x6pinz

Input please on 22LR

Post by 6x6pinz »

just picked my iver johnson up the other day. the gunsmith had nothing bad to say about them and gave the ok to shoot it, just have not had the time. hopefully later this week and can get a report on it. Looks like a solid pistol.
redfestiva

Input please on 22LR

Post by redfestiva »

dwd wrote: My Sig Mosquito is my favorite semi auto 22 pistol but the AP22 is a very close 2nd.
I am considering getting a Mosquito. I heard they are very finicky about ammo. Have you had any failures from yours? Thanks.
dwd

Input please on 22LR

Post by dwd »

I have not noticed my Mosquito being finicky about ammo. Right now I am shooting CCI mini-mags without any problems.
One of the reasons I like the Mosquito is because the gun I bought before it was a Walther p22. The Walther looks good but it is finicky about ammo and I haven't found anything that it likes. I bought the Walther brand new and the Sig Mosquito was slightly used but probably "broke in", maybe the Walther hasn't broke in yet.
I like the Mosquito because it looks good, feels good in my hand(I have large hands), and shoots flawlessly. What more could you ask for?
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
6x6pinz

Input please on 22LR

Post by 6x6pinz »

I used the aguila hyper velocity in my walther for the first 3-4 hundred rounds and now it feeds the federal bulk pack stuff just fine. I use the same 22lr ammo in all my new pistols to loosen them up and then all feed anything you can put in them.
The sig mosquito I have just likes to be clean to keep it working perfectly and the federal stuff tends to dirty it up after a few hundred rounds, no big deal at the range but when out on camping trips it needs a cleaning once in a while.
dwd

Input please on 22LR

Post by dwd »

6x6,
Where do you get your aguila hyper velocity? I think I'll try that.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Input please on 22LR

Post by space »

Ever looked at a Taurus PT22? A little smaller but in the hand/trigger area they are pretty close.

I have read good and bad things about them but never had any trouble with mine. Pretty easy to come by at around $200. However, I'd buy a Bersa Firestorm 22 in a second if I could find one.

Last edited by space on January 8th, 2009, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Input please on 22LR

Post by grayfox »

Tarus is a fine lil gun, can't believe I sold mine. :-/
6x6pinz

Input please on 22LR

Post by 6x6pinz »

Here is one of many places that carry aguila 22 ammo.
http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/s ... ax_hp.html
I bought a large stash some time ago and it has been a very good round for me.
The Taurus Pt22 I picked up for my wife. She did not like that it "spit" out so much debris when fired. Still it is a blast to shoot, especially in low light.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Input please on 22LR

Post by normsutton »

NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
sapo

Input please on 22LR

Post by sapo »

My Bersa Model 23 in .22 LR.
Iver Johnson didn't make those, they were imported from ERMA many years ago. I think they were made of zink. The ones I handled were. Neat little guns at the time.

Last edited by sapo on May 17th, 2009, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwd

Input please on 22LR

Post by dwd »

I read where those Erma 22s were prone to slam fires and now that I know that they made them for Iver Johnson I'm not interested. I just don't need the grief.
Now, that Bersa 22 looks really good! but, I blew my fun money on a Mossberg last weekend. Oh well, maybe next time.
oppy

Input please on 22LR

Post by oppy »

There are two Firestorm (Bersa) 22s NIB at Gunbroker for $319, free shipping. Good gun at a decent price. If not for the fact I picked up a 22 a couple weeks ago, I would be all over one of them.

Have a good week!
The Trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun.
dwd

Input please on 22LR

Post by dwd »

6x6pinz wrote:I used the aguila hyper velocity in my walther for the first 3-4 hundred rounds and now it feeds the federal bulk pack stuff just fine. I use the same 22lr ammo in all my new pistols to loosen them up and then all feed anything you can put in them.
I finally got to pick up some of these Aguila shells. I had a gift card to burn at Cabela's so I picked up a brick. I bought the solid point over the hollow points because they were a few bucks cheaper and I thought if I was just trying to break it in and alleviate feeding problems this would be best. I hope I didn't make a mistake.
Now all I need to do is find enough time this weekend to shoot it a little. I'll probably spend more time loading mags than anything. I hope this works.