I think I regret trading my PA 63

Use this section for all other firearms
bearhands

Post by bearhands »

I don't regret what I traded for(Ruger Speed 6 2.75 ;D) but I kinda miss that lil PA63! The little bugger was really accurate and didn't weigh much... So my question is:

Should I get another?(I have the opportunity anytime), or would a CZ 82 be a wiser choice? Which one would any of you fine folks choose? Uses?.... summer CCW, plinkin'. Would the CZ have less perceived recoil than the PA63(after changing to a 15lb spring)? And is the CZ a smaller grip?

Thanks in advance for any opinions :)
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

bearhands

get one or two of each , for plinking the CZ -82 is a lot more comfortable to shoot , but the PA-63 is lighter for carry

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dwd

Post by dwd »

I'm with Norm on this one, get at least one of each. The cz-82 is a premium weapon that is comfortable to shoot. The grip is thicker and fits in my big hands nicely, better than a PA-63, p64, or even a Mak. The mag is bigger capacity if that makes a difference. The cz is just a nice weapon and fun to shoot. The nice thing about the PA-63 is they are cheap. I routinely use mine as a ccw. I really like mine but you will find a lot of people that run them down.
When I bought mine, about a year ago, they were $100 from J&G so I bought 2 to save on shipping. I immediately trade one of them, without even shooting it, for a rifle for my son to take deer hunting. Now, like you, I wish I hadn't traded it. I would like to fix them up like Norm does, different grips and finishes.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
fritzhund

Post by fritzhund »

Buy every gun that you can afford to and post pictures here!

We love pictures!

Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
bearhands

Post by bearhands »

Guys, thanks much for the input... I DO think I'll pick up another PA63 and as dwd has suggested, I'll "Norm-alize" it a bit. Thinner grips, new springs etc.

My biggest problem w/ the gun is the grip fit. I don't have particularly large hands and firing it double action requires 2 hands. I'd really like to make my own grips for it, I've got some nice cherry sitting here that might give it a neat look.

Thanks again and please don't hesitate to continue with more thoughts or suggestions.

BH
Last edited by bearhands on November 23rd, 2008, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hairypolack

Post by hairypolack »

I own a PA-63 and I do like the little bugger. It's a good carry gun IMO but for some reason I have a hard time finding 9X18 ammo where I live. A spring change is good for it but I do not seem to have trouble with the grips.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Yep, I am with the group. Buy both, a man just can't do without a PA63 as far as I am concerned. ;D I am even thinking about installing a clip draw that I have on my 63 so I can carry in the waste band. Gotta put it to the side cause tummy acts as a bumper these days.
dbsoundguy

Post by dbsoundguy »

I DO think I'll pick up another PA63 and as dwd has suggested, I'll "Norm-alize" it a bit. Thinner grips, new springs etc.
I sure love mine now..I did everything that I was told to do(the second time around)..lol :-[ :-[ ::) ::) ;D ;D

The info from Norm and others was perfect..
I cleaned it correctly(thanks Norm) and replaced all the springs..
Now this little gun is perfect..I suprised evrybody(including the instructer at my CCW class when we went to the range..lol)
this little gun is very accurate... ;)

Good luck on your decision :)
swd

Post by swd »

I have all three: CZ-83 in 9X18, PA-63 and P-64. I lucked out and got one of the last new in the BOX CZ-83's from Makarov.com. I like them all and have had no problems with any of 95 Grain Ammo that I have used (No 100 Grain Wt Bullets for me). I reserve the Hornady 95 Grain Hollow Point for CCW.

Shoot Straight and Double Tap

SWD
oppy

Post by oppy »

hairypolack wrote: It's a good carry gun IMO but for some reason I have a hard time finding 9X18 ammo where I live.
I typically get mine at AIM or another on line source for about $175 - $200/1,000. If you haven't gone that route, it is worth considering.
The Trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun.