Norinco SKS

Use this section for all other firearms
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Norinco SKS

Post by blinddog »

I'm not real good about figuring the worth of some rifles and the Norinco SKS is one of them. I have an opportunity to buy one from the neighbor that warped the frame on my P-64 for $325 plus 1000rds of ammo. He said the has put about 900 rds through it with no problems. It looks good, finish is great and it is really clean. Is the find worth it, sounds good to me but I would like some input from you guys.

Blinddog
davebaird

Norinco SKS

Post by davebaird »

Well, it probably is a fair deal, but I would want to know more about the rifle. Is it all matched, is it military or later commercial, any accessories, and so on. And the ammo, being as it is in a bulk of 1000 I assume it is new? (The surplus Chinese steel case is going for at least .50 a round and climbing weekly.)

Dave
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Norinco SKS

Post by normsutton »

Blinddog

you might ask him has he worked on the rifle. and if has tell him no
Norinco SKS goes for about that does it sill have the bayonet on it, if it doesn't knock off 25 to 50 dollars

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Norinco SKS

Post by space »

As of this evening, 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 brown bear is selling for $320 around here. It's worth it just for the ammo.
Last edited by space on November 21st, 2008, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Norinco SKS

Post by blinddog »

Norm, I can gurantee that he has not worked on the rifle. Dave, as far as I can tell it is not milsurp. The stock is great and as far as matching numbers, I don't have a clue I didn't look. He has a 1000rds of wolf soft point. The rifle looks great, its just that I am not fimaliar with Norinco SKS. It does have a triangle with some lettering inside it on the left side behind the reciever. It has the bayonet and the cleaning stuff in the butt. Thanks for the input, I need more!!! :o

blinddog
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Norinco SKS

Post by normsutton »

blinddog

go here about Norinco SKS http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php? ... &board=3.0
this the best SKS board around http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php , I really don't know much about the Norinco , but SPACE right about the ammo to bad its Wolf ammo but still worth it

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
davebaird

Norinco SKS

Post by davebaird »

Space is correct about the ammo. I had no idea it was that high, but if so, wow! :o

If the SKS has a 26 inside the little triangle, it is military and better quality than the later "made for export" guns. Make sure it is matched or you'll never be able to re-sell it for more than $200. JMHO!! Dave
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Norinco SKS

Post by blinddog »

Thanks guys! I believe that what my neighbor has is a pretty high quality rifle from what I have read. Including the ammo and an almost new rifle sounds good. Oh yeah, if I remember right the stock is not solid, it is two piece if I remember correctly. Not sure though. If I can I will talk him into letting me take a pic or two of it and post them then you can get a better idea.

blinddog
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Norinco SKS

Post by papabear »

I really like my Norinco, picked it up at a pawn shop this summer for $100 OTD, for some reason the dealer had had it for several months and I just happen to come in at the right time and he let me have it to move it I guess. This past Oct at Knob Creek they had Norinco's that were going in the $300 range, I thought that was really high but now I see it wasn't all that high according to some locationsso you are getting a really good deal plus the 1,000 rds of ammo. Mine is extremely accurate out to 50 yards, and not to bad at 100 yds although I'm not sure if its the Norinco or me that has trouble at that distance, I suspect its me though.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
fritzhund

Norinco SKS

Post by fritzhund »

blinddog,

IMHO the neighbor that F**ked your P-64 up should be giving you the SKS, regardless of how much ammo comes with it!

Just my opinion!

:(

Fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Norinco SKS

Post by blinddog »

I thought the same thing myself. But, I think he is giving me a good deal and I can't help it if he has zero mechanical ability. I told him I would take it but I need to save a few bucks up because of Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, and he agreed.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Norinco SKS

Post by normsutton »

blinddog

maybe he going to give it to you for Christmas

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Norinco SKS

Post by blinddog »

Norm, ho ho no. I don't think this guy gives alot away. He is a good guy but like all of us he has his ways.

blinddog
trace

Norinco SKS

Post by trace »

Hey Blinddog. If your looking at a Norinko, look at the RAA Saigas. I got a 308 and love it. There are many new knock off around Portland made in USA and everywhere else. You may like an AK over an SKS. I have both and like the SKS but you can gear up an AK varriant much easier and they look better after mods. I must have seen 50 SKS ( mostly Yugos with the gas shut off) at the show this weekend. I have a Romanian. I would stay away from the Chinese ones though. I've heard too many stories of jam ups et. I haven't had one misfire or jam in thousands in any of my AK varients.
TRACE.
trace

Norinco SKS

Post by trace »

Oh. PS...I bought a case of wolf for 220.00 up from 210.00 last week. However it was more at the show to 325.00. I looking into the Silver Bear which is much cleaner and not smelly and the price seems to be OK. You need to get up here to Keiths. I'll let you know how much it is this week. My brother just got a Yugo and after soaking and refinishing he loved it. I'd follow Norm on the numbers. I like all mine to match and not be dremeled.....trace