another new rifle

Use this section for all other firearms
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

another new rifle

Post by trent »

One of my coworkers just bought a rifle from a neighbor with intention to resell it, I bought it for $185.00 from him. It's a Spanish FR8 Mauser. (here's a bunch of info) http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting/fr8/index.asp

It's in pretty good condition, the stock needs to be restored and there is a crack in the upper hand guard, there are a couple of rust spots where the wood meets the metal (Ive already gave it a good scrubbing) The barrel looks real good.

This is a very light little bolt gun and it's balanced very well. My only qualm is (no offense to smokers ) but the previous owner (who had it for about 10 or so years) must have smoked like 14 packs a day, this gun smells like an ash tray from several feet away. (I'm hoping once I strip the stock it'll eliminate most of the smell.)

fr8

From top down, (for comparison purposes) fr8, my brother's vz24 Mauser, and the fr8's cousin my g3

and the crack in the upper hand guard
volfandan

another new rifle

Post by volfandan »

really like that rifle, Trent. Sounds like a great buy, and I love the gas tube and flash hider! That crack should fix just fine, and you'll have a heck of "what's THAT?" gun at the range!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

another new rifle

Post by papabear »

Trent,

Nice pick up you got there, let us know how it preforms.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

another new rifle

Post by blinddog »

trent,

I found this place by accident. It tells you exactly how to repair a crack that will never come loose of spread. ever.

go to: www.theboxotruth.com-docs-edu7

blinddog
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

another new rifle

Post by trent »

THANKS! oh and in the first pic is my Georgia Voter sticker, just to proove that I did my part.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

another new rifle

Post by normsutton »

Trent
yours looks a lot better than the one on http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting/fr8/index.asp let use all know how it shoots

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

another new rifle

Post by carguy »

Very nice pick up. Be careful and make sure you use the NATO 308 and not the modern stuff...just to be sure! :o