Will Work For Firearms

Use this section for all other firearms
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Will Work For Firearms

Post by manicmechanic »

I haven't been doing any side jobs for anyone except very close family and friends, and usually those are freebies. A couple of friends from work have been cash strapped and with firearms that were not have to haves. So now, after some F-150 and Saturn repairs, I've added a Japanese Evil Black Rifle, not to be confused with my Evil Parkerized Polish Rifle, and a good ole USA made pistol. The Japanese addition is a 2003 HOWA 1500 series in 308. with a 22 inch barrel. It's bolt action internal magazine fed with a Nikko Stirling Gold Crown 3-9X42AO scope. I shot it back in May up at Williams Gun Sites when I found those 2 latest P-64s. We didn't have enough time to get the rifle scope dialed in, but atleast we were hitting paper at 100 yards. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

The Americanski pistol is pretty much your Saturday Night Special. It's a HI-POINT model 9C in 9mm, very blocky blow-back design striker fed SAO pistol. We shot this back in September on my Birthday and was pleasantly surprised how accurate and reliable it was. Every one there shot atleast one mag of 8 rounds thru it and for a roughly $100 gun it was like I said a surprise. And the SNS.

I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel on my multi-year daughters' bedroom project, so hopefully the video from last years and this years Water Bottle Hill Capture will be "Coming to a Theatre near You Soon!!".
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Will Work For Firearms

Post by normsutton »

manicmechanic

never heard of that rifle, looks good though

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Will Work For Firearms

Post by papabear »

manicmachanic,

Very nice rifle you have there, +1 with Norm, I hadn't heard of it either, although I should have, Howa Manufacturing as been around since 1907 and is connected with Toyoda Loom Works that made bayonets for WWII for the Japanese rifles and parts for war materials as well. I believe they are the originator of the Toyota Group.

According to what I researched, the Howa 1500 is a very accurate rifle and at a much lower cost than its competitors, and with 308 ammo its should be a winner for ya, congrats...... ;)

Papa
Last edited by papabear on October 23rd, 2008, 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Will Work For Firearms

Post by blinddog »

That is one fine looking rifle there. I have kinda been wanting to find a good used rifle 30/06, .308 something in .30 cal. and re-work it. There is something about a good looking firearm. Congrats!!
volfandan

Will Work For Firearms

Post by volfandan »

manicmechanic,

I really like your new toys....especially that Howa. I've heard that they are a great bang for a reasonable buck. Let us know how she shoots once you get that scope dialed in.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Will Work For Firearms

Post by manicmechanic »

I had a feeling the Howa would be a hit here. It really is a low cost accurate firearm. I had never heard of it until my buddy picked one up and told me about it and then he sold it to this guy I got it from and the rest is history. I'm hoping to get out and shoot this and the Tantal out to 100 yards to get them both dialed in before the snow flies, but if the snow flies so be it. I'll just have to warm my hands up on the barrels, LOL!. ;D