Bernardelli 80

Use this section for all other firearms
6x6pinz

Bernardelli 80

Post by 6x6pinz »

I picked up an Bernardelli80 in .380acp the other day. Took it to the range with my Carpati to see how things would work out. The Bernardelli shoots fine just not as big a fan of the larger rear sight as some might be. I will need to get rid of the white highlights on the rear sights so that my poor old eyes can focus o the front sights better.
The 80 is a much better feeling gun than the carpati but at almost 3 times the cost you would expect it to be. Overall very nice shooter although one of the magazines did not like to lock into place very well. The hole in the magazine was not cut very clean and allows the mag to shift enough to become disengaged. A simple fix but I don't feel you should have to mess with a new out of the box magazine in this manner.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Bernardelli 80

Post by papabear »

POINT SHOOTER
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Bernardelli 80

Post by manicmechanic »

But Papa, they're right over here :'( ;D
http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?ac ... ge=1#24897
6x6pinz

Bernardelli 80

Post by 6x6pinz »

Papabear
you are correct. I have not posted a picture of the Bernardelli. The link above is to my Romanian Carpati 95
Here is a pic of the Bernardelli 80
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Bernardelli 80

Post by carguy »

Very nice...looks like a Sig 8-) Enjoy!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Bernardelli 80

Post by papabear »

6x6pinz,

OUTSTANDING, you done well there fella, that is sweeeeeet. I've been looking at a Bernardelli 60 in 380 at my local dealer, its in 90-92% condition, but can't make up my mind.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
commandercob

Bernardelli 80

Post by commandercob »

Hey 6x6pinz,

You got a good looking shooter. I saw over on another board that you have recently acquired the .22 Model 80. I was wondering if you had many difficulties with it, because mine jams just about every other shot. It's my only .22 and wish I felt safe shooting it. Here's a photo of mine (not so bueno image), but its still in pretty nifty condition. It's interesting your .380 Model 80 has a different trigger, and boy that finish sure looks nice.

P.S. That's my Dad's Astra Cub .22 short he left to me after passing away this January. I didn't even know he had it until about a year ago. I must say I wasn't raised in a particularly gun friendly family, but I'm sure trying to change that!
Last edited by commandercob on November 6th, 2008, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
6x6pinz

Bernardelli 80

Post by 6x6pinz »

My Bernardelli 22 shoots just great. I took it out squirrel hunting to try it out the other weekend. Sadly did not have enough confidence in it to use it. I used my G22 with a red dot instead.
commandercob

Bernardelli 80

Post by commandercob »

I've been thinking about changing my main spring, maybe its about time to do that. Also, what type of ammunition do you shoot? I have tried bulk Federal and Remington Thunderbolt. Most semi-auto .22s seem to like that Thunderbolt stuff, but not mine.
6x6pinz

Bernardelli 80

Post by 6x6pinz »

I use Aguila Supermax hyper velocity HP's exclusively in all my 22lr's. The accuracy is unbeatable and for hunting nothing touches them. They are extremely fast at 1750fps and 204ft lbs energy at muzzle. This round has made all my so called "finicky" guns shoot very reliably. When I first started using them, they were hard to find but now the aguila line is available almost everywhere.
6x6pinz

Bernardelli 80

Post by 6x6pinz »

I thought it was aobut time to post a picture of my Bernardelli 80 in 22lr. Here is a picture of it next to my 380. The 22 is on the right side.