New Home Defense gun

Use this section for all other firearms
volfandan

New Home Defense gun

Post by volfandan »

Well, I've always kept my Para Ordnance P-14/.45 loaded with a full 14 rounds of .45 for home defense.....but have decided that I need a good old scatter gun. I have several shotguns:

12ga Ithaca SxS
12ga Savage 720 (auto-5 copy)
16ga Belgium Browning Sweet 16
20ga Winchester Model 12

But all of these shotguns are designed to shoot things with two wings.....not two arms and two legs!

So, I started looking around. I really want one of those Norinco copies of the 1897 Winchester with a 20" barrel.....but they run about $300 and up these days. I also really like the old Ithaca 37 riot guns, probably like many of you may remember from Vietnam. But, those rascals command a high price.

I like the 870, and the Moss 500, but wanted something not so run of the mill.....like every other guy, if you know what I mean. My best friend has a Winchester Defender 1300 that I have shot quite a bit and LOVE. I've been looking at those for months now on the auction sites, but just never the right one for the price.

So, I started looking at the old High Standard K-120 riot guns, and fell in love with both the looks, and what people on discussion forums have said about them. For $185 shipped to my dealer, I think I dun pretty good.

More picks to follow.
blacktop

New Home Defense gun

Post by blacktop »

That's a pretty good one. I couldn't find one of the real Riot Guns for a reasonable price, so I did the next best thing, I bought a beater long barrel Hi Standard 12 ga. and had my local gunsmith shorten the barrel to 18.5". It has a lot of finish wear, but mechanically it's fine. It's my truck gun, so looks don't matter. These are tough guns! Does yours have Riot Gun stamped on the barrell?
volfandan

New Home Defense gun

Post by volfandan »

Not sure if this one says "RIOT" on the barrel.....I just won it on auctionarms last night. I think that it does, though.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

New Home Defense gun

Post by normsutton »

Danny

nice looking shot gun
every one should own one for a house gun

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

New Home Defense gun

Post by papabear »

My one and only home defense shotgun is older Remington 870 pump 12ga with a 20" bbl that I got a couple years ago off GunsAmerica for $150 refinished it and it stays loaded in my gun room on the wall with my single shot H&R 12ga that was my uncle's. The 870 doesn't have the extended lug but I took the plug out so I can have 5 shells in it.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
torpeau

New Home Defense gun

Post by torpeau »

volfandan wrote:Well, I've always kept my Para Ordnance P-14/.45 loaded with a full 14 rounds of .45 for home defense.....but have decided that I need a good old scatter gun.
Probably my Para Carry 12 is my main home defense weapon. My dbl-barrel 12 gauge is in the attic. Recently I have discovered that there are some people just as crazy about their flashlights as people are here about their guns. I'm not talking about your old 2 D cell types or your Maglights, but little super bright LED flashlights that could temporarily blind a night intruder. They have forums like this where many "flashoholics" strive to have the latest and greatest.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark