Forum supporter

New gun

Post by anjdrifter »

that gives a whole new meaning to the word GREEN ;D ;D
volfandan

New gun

Post by volfandan »

Trent,

That is GREAT! I have been eyeballing a G3 copy for months now, and think that I may have found the one for me. I'm right with you......I love the green furniture on a G3.

As for the Federal Arms receiver:

I think they're built like tanks. They are cast, instead of stamped sheet metal like the real mc'coy HK's. It's so funny how people talk. I had told one of the guys at the local gunshop that I was in the market for a G3 clone. They had one at the shop, but it was a consignment Springfield, and was way too high $$ wise. One of the guys touted it (the Springfield) BECAUSE of having a cast receiver.....and said that they were much stronger than sheet metal.

Another guy at the shop a few weeks later was downing the Federal Arms clones because they had cast receivers, claiming that sheet metal bends, and cast can "shatter or splinter". It just shows the inconsistencies of what you hear out there.

I have heard nothing but great things about the FA guns, and I bet it gives you YEARS of reliable service. I know that MP5's extractors and springs many times need to be replaced after 5K to 10K rounds......but haven't heard about the G3 type weapons. You may just want to keep that in mind should you have FTE issues after burning tons of rounds down the pipe.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

New gun

Post by trent »

Thanks guys,

well the range didn't work out this week (had to go to a friend's wedding) so I'm shooting for this upcoming Wednesday (anyone get that pun...shooting? har har har)

the brake doesn't appear removable but I haven't tried it on a vice or anything yet I'll give that a try later today.
protector

New gun

Post by protector »

Last edited by protector on December 21st, 2008, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aim small,hit small...
electross

New gun

Post by electross »

Thats real nice! I'm envious.