NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Use this section for all other firearms
pa63

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by pa63 »

I picked up 3 PA-63's today and extra mags and 250 rounds of ammo and I am thrilled. 1 was unfired, 100%, tight and stiff springs, the other 2 were 99+%, had been fired but looked almost new too. Ammo was WWB and it's so strange to find the Winchester ammo marked made in Czech Republic.

Don't we make anything here anymore? LOL...

Next on list are a few PA64's and mags and lots more ammo..
I've converted to all Warsaw Pact guns and am 9x18 Mak caliber only from here on out.
mikeh1

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by mikeh1 »

Sellier & Bellot, based in the Czech Rep., makes some of Winchester's metric calibers, I had some Win 7.62x54R that was made there too.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by normsutton »

pa63

after you get few P-64's you half to get 1or 2 CZ-82's too

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
doyle

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by doyle »

I don't know Norm. I've got 2 P-64's, 2 Makarovs, and one AP-9 and I just can't get excited about the CZ-82. I think it is the complexity that makes me want to steer clear. In my current European lineup, any idiot can strip them. The CZ-82 looks like it would require too much thinking.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by normsutton »

doyle

you are right the CZ-82 is a complex gun , and I have never taken one fully apart as of yet but they are good guns
in my opinion and still cheap for what you get

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
pa63

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by pa63 »

NORMSUTTON wrote:doyle

you are right the CZ-82 is a complex gun , and I have never taken one fully apart as of yet but they are good guns
in my opinion and still cheap for what you get

NORM
I agree that the CZ-82 is a fine gun, and complex, and in the "right" caliber, but for some reason that I cannot put a finger on, if fails to have the same mystique as the others. Maybe too, there are so many NEW CZ-83's on the market from CZ-USA, that it just kills it for me. However, I will not say "never", and some day, It may call my name, but for now, I've still got too many other Cold War period guns on my want list...
Last edited by pa63 on August 27th, 2008, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
p64owner

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by p64owner »

Where is a good place to get Mag's for my PA-63? Can i only use factory Mag's in this baby?? :-X
Last edited by p64owner on September 16th, 2008, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
p64owner

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by p64owner »

Image still thinking about the chrome job :-/
Last edited by p64owner on September 16th, 2008, 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by normsutton »

NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by gunneyrabbit »

P64owner, your going to love your PA-63 so much it may be a toss up as to which is your personal favorite. I feel the PA-63 is a little more accurate for me at long distances, I also find that I have an easier time doing rapid strings of taps with the pistol.
Every one has their favorites and my PA-63 is one of mine.
G.R.
p64owner

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by p64owner »

I swear I looked on J&G before, for these mags and didn't find them but there they are right where you said they were, any way thanks i got 3 of them.
Gunneyrabbit you are 100% right at a distance the PA-63 is a fine shooting gun I have put 300+ rounds of Norinco ammunition through it without a hitch. sad to say my Norinco connection has dried up was paying 8.00 a box for 50 rounds. BUt i did buy the last 7 boxes they had so have a small stock pile.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by papabear »

Different spokes for different folks come to mind here, I too have two P-64's, two Makarov's, but I also have a CZ82 that I got talked into getting by anjdrifter and I'm very thankful he did. Its a heck of pistol and I really like the polygonal bbl, at 10 yards which is about as far as I can see to shoot or care to with a pistol, using the point shooting method I can put all 12+1 rounds in a 9" paper plate, now I can do the same thing with the P-64's and Makarov's but I like the fact I've got 13 rounds of 9x18 heading in the right direction rather than 7 or 9. I can understand why some feel different, and thats why they make different brands/types of bicycle's, for me I don't care for the P-63, but I like a all steel pistol in most guns, the P-63 just doesn't do it for me, to light, of all the handguns I own only two are not all steel, a S&W 908 and a Taurus PT145, now I do like them, but I have shot a P-63 and its just not for me, but I can appreciate those who do like em.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on September 23rd, 2008, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Papabear, that is one good looking CZ 82, what did you use to refinish it? Very Nice!
G.R.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

NEW PA-63'S X 3...

Post by papabear »

gunney,

Believe it or not all I've done is wipe it down with a silicone cloth and take off the white paint on the front sight, otherwise this is the way it came from AIM Surplus up in Ohio, I called them and asked about getting one handpicked and the girl said they were all nice so I told her to send me one. I have always had good fortune with AIM, been dealing with them for about 4 years now.

Papa
Last edited by papabear on September 24th, 2008, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER