Range Report on My New CZ452

Use this section for all other firearms
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Made it to the range this morning, took my CZ 452 .22lr, Steyr Budapest M95 8x56r and my Beretta 950BS.

Yelp, the M95 kicked like a Missouri mule and then some, it puts the MN M44 to shame, the M95 is one mean dude, but it was fun getting to shoot it again, all 20 rounds..... ::).

The Beretta 950BS was mostly my carry, but I did clear its throat, put 14 rounds through it, its still puts em in a 9" paper plate at 7 yds point shooting.

Now for the CZ452, I took 5 different .22lr ammo's to test and zero in with my new 3x9x32 scope, all 40 gr round nose; CCI Mini Mag, CCI Blazer, Federal American Eagle, Federal Champion and Remington Thunderbolt. It was a sunny 85 degree day with little wind. From a rest it took about 15rds to zero in the scope at 50 ft, and later another 20rds to zero in at 50 yards. I was using the CCI Mini Mag to zero in on both the 50 ft and 50 yard targets.

Of the five I tested, the CCI Mini Mag .22lr had the best groups and the CCI Blazer did too even though I had a flier that was my fault. I shot a total of 3 of the 50ft x5 targets, and with all three the CCI Mini Mag was the best with the CCI Blazer a close second, they all shot good enough for shooting squirrels but for target shooting I preferred the CCI Mini Mag 40gr RN.

Again from a rest, I zeroed in with the CCI Mini Mag ammo for the 50 yard range, as I mentioned above, it took me 20 rounds to get it zeroed. This is the best of 4 targets at 50 yards. I was very impressed with the CZ 452 Trainer/LUX, smooth bolt action even with a scope.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on August 19th, 2008, 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
commandercob

Post by commandercob »

Where in the world did you find ammo for your M95? I have a beautifully refinished M95 I would love to shoot a couple of times. The only problem is that old 8x56r stuff, it's pretty obscure...

P.S. Good shootin'!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

commandercob,

About two years ago, I bought 130 rds from S.O.G. it was surplus ammo dated 1944 when they had it. I also bought 20 rds of the German Nazi marked 1938 surplus ammo from them. I still have the '38 ammo, and after today I have 120 of the '44, the way the m95 kicks I'll probably have it for some time..... :'(

papabear
Last edited by papabear on August 19th, 2008, 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

papabear

that's some great shooting

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
commandercob

Post by commandercob »

That stuff must be cruel! Great pictures Papabear, that Nazi marked ammo looks like art.

After browsing a bit I have found some ammo at:
http://www.buymilsurp.com/zencart/index ... cPath=2083
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Papa, you have very good taste in fire arms.
G.R. ;D
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

commandercob wrote:That stuff must be cruel! Great pictures Papabear, that Nazi marked ammo looks like art.

After browsing a bit I have found some ammo at:
http://www.buymilsurp.com/zencart/index ... cPath=2083

commandercob,

The 8x56r ammo in a light carbine is bad enough, but they lightened the furniture even more by hollowing out the butt stock on the Steyr M95 to lighten it even more, I found out this from another member on another board, the butt stock is pretty much hollow, so the old shoulder takes most of the recoil....ouch.... :', the 8x56r ammo I was shooting as headstamped '44 so its was a little younger than the '38 ammo, I haven't had any problems the '44 or '38 ammo, just with the recoil. I'll say the price for the 8x56r has really gone up since I bought mine, if I remember right the '44 was under $3 for 10rds and the '38 was just over $3 for 10 rds, and the both came with the en-block clips for each 5 rds, but that was at least 2 years ago if not a little longer.

My Steyr M95 the way I got it about 2 1/2 years ago.

gunneyrabbit,

Thanks for you kind comments, I try, in my accumulations of guns I have had many that look like crap over the years, but I bought them any way sometimes because that was the best I could do at the time, but I try to trade/buy up, in other words if I find the same piece thats nicer than the one I have, I sell/trade the old one and get the nicer one, it has taken me a few year to do all this but with long suffering and patiences, it has worked out pretty well for me.

My latest pistol find, Springfield GI Champion LNIB

papabear
Last edited by papabear on August 20th, 2008, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Papabear, Very Nice.
I just purchased a Galene Hardballer at the Auction Arms web sight and have been perusing the Internet looking at different web sights for barrels, bushings, links; link pins and springs etc, to start the refurbish. Paid way to much but have wanted one for some time and I'm really looking foreword to the project.
G.R.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

gunny,

That sounds like quite a project you have undertaken, I'm not real familiar with the AMT's but please keep us posted on how its going.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

GR

just last month I put a new hammer and a new beaver tail on my AMT with very little problems , I think standard parts will fit

before

after

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

I am just an old stick-in-the-mud myself, but I like the looks of the "standard" beavertail on the 1911. Good-lookin' guns hereabouts, I have to say...
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Norm, Is your Amt Hardballer as accurate as the magazines and gun books say? Most of the reports I've read put them up there next to the Colt Gold Cup for quality and accuracy.
G.R.
P.S.
Papabear, Sorry about hijacking your thread.
G.R.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

G.R.
it shoots as good as any of my other 1911's, even the ones with the bull barrels

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage