PA63 for concealed carry

Use this section for all other firearms
pipesmoker44

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by pipesmoker44 »

I have a PA63 that I got last week at a local gunshow. Put 100 rounds of 95gr. FMJ with no problems. I am going to use it for summer CC. Do any members do this, if so, do you carry with one in the chamber and on "safe". Or none in the chamber with the hammer down.
ron
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by anjdrifter »

in chamber with safe on
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by normsutton »

pipesmoker44

I believe it can be carried both ways, because the firring pin can't be engaged until then trigger is pulled ,even though the hammer can go forward but will not strike the firring pin unless the trigger is pulled

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on May 25th, 2008, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
pipesmoker44

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by pipesmoker44 »

Thank you, Norm
ron
dwd

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by dwd »

Norm, is the p-64 safe to carry the same way? Is the trigger and firing pin set up the same way?
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by normsutton »

dwd

its suppose to be, I leave thank up you all , you see when I carry an auto I don't have one in the tub , not used to it out of habit I'd shuck the slide and eject a live round , so I don't, but that's just me

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on May 26th, 2008, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by blinddog »

I have carried both a PA-63 and a P-64. Let us know how you carry your PA-63 and how comfy it is. I'm just courious. I have caried both, but find the PA-63 is a little bulky,however a good carry gun. I always carry one in the tube and safety off on both guns and use a clip draw, which I find to be great IMHO. :)
garda77

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by garda77 »

Blinddog,

I would think that the P64 would be more bulky than the PA-63 because of the steel frame. Did you mis-type or am I missing something?
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by grayfox »

The PA-63 is a lil bigger than the P-64, but both are great carry guns. I carry one in the tube with safety off on both.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Longer, lighter and one extra round can never hurt. I have carried it both ways and have had no problems. It is after all a double action pistol when the hammer is down. If you feel better with the safety on, practice that way and it won't be a problem if you ever need it in a hurry.
By the way, if the pistol is California and Massachusetts legal it is safe to carry with the safety off and one in the tube. That is one thing they did do for us that we should be thankful for? :o
G.R.

PS.
Did I actually write that, I must mean it I guess?
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on May 27th, 2008, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by blinddog »

Again, IMHO I think the PA-63 is a little bulkier because of the grips and the lenght of the barrel. Good gun, good carry. However the P-64 is a little shorter and heavier. Useing a clipdraw puts the P-64 in my waste band all the way to the grips and makes for great carry. If it weren't for the grips on the PA-63 I would carry it all the time. :)( can't afford Dennis grips yet for my 63)
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by anjdrifter »

when you get a set of grips for 63 you will see it a whole different carry. with that said still like my 64
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by carguy »

Unfortunately both the PA63 and P64 are not Mass Compliant...thus neither can be bought or sold through an 01 FFL in the state. Anyone that owns either has brought it with them when them moved into the state (thank you for your tax dollars) or bought it from someone (probably moving to a free state) FTF that got a Massachsuetts premium for it due to it's lack of availability! As an example someone was selling an HK ??(whatever) that was 2 tone with a stainless slide. A potential buyer from Seattle saw it on line and offered $600 for it claiming he could buy the all blued version for around $500. The Massachusetts seller explained that it is non-compliant in state and thus warrants a premium for a Mass resident if they want it. The selling price is $1,100. Still for sale but the attitude is everywhere...let the buyer beward...in Mass if you want it, you're gonna pay for it!! :'(

And GR I'm glad you feel...deep down inside...that Massachusetts has given the country something other than Kerry the Ketchup King and the Kennedy Clan of liberal, self richeous, rich, political Star Magazine fodder that wants to give my money away just not theirs! 8-) And God bless Teddy as I wish illness on no one, I just never agreed with his views.
Last edited by carguy on May 29th, 2008, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by anjdrifter »

Carguy dont know how accurate the sourse is but I heard that to be complient in mass and Calif. that it has to be deemed safe to carry with one in chamber and safety on .. of course that is only one of their many rules just wondering if that is true.
pipesmoker44

PA63 for concealed carry

Post by pipesmoker44 »

blinddog,
I have been carrying a S&W Sigma 9VE, believe you me, the PA63 is lighter and smaller.
Still checking around for an IWB holster. I have a Don Hume for my Sigma, carry at 3:30-4:00.
ron