Guns of Yester Year

Use this section for all other firearms
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Guns of Yester Year

Post by papabear »

For me, when having a table or two at a gun show is not all about selling, but also the buying and trading that goes on too, but also its a chance to show off your different collections of handguns, rifles and memorabilia from days gone by which is my main avenue for accumulating. When I do shows this is one display case I take with some of my WWI & WWII pistols and memorabilia thats NOT FOR SALE. Sure, it brings attention to my table but also a lot of good conversation and stories and thats just another reason I enjoy having tables at gun shows. This pic if you look close under the S&W M1917 rig you'll see [upper left] my 1943 Remington Rand in a 1943 Boyt shoulder holster, and [upper right] my Colt M1917 in a WWII [1942] Textan holster along with WWII ammo from U.S., England, Germany, and Japan and a couple U.S. WWI & WWII first aid tins and pouch's.

Same pistols and holsters w/1944 Inland M1 Carbine & Case bayonet

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Guns of Yester Year

Post by carguy »

AWESOME! I love WWII firearms...especially US!

Very nice stuff Papabear.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Guns of Yester Year

Post by himmel »

Ditto--nice stuff!
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Guns of Yester Year

Post by gunneyrabbit »

papabear, I love looking at these types of displays at the gun shows, there is a large group of fellows in the area called the Rose City Gun Collectors and Collectors West who usually have displays at the shows. Some of the folks go whole hog and show up in period dress, it's always a pleasure to talk with them, glean information from them and peruse their displays.
G.R.