Range Report: My MAS Project

Use this section for all other firearms
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I forgot to mention that I finally took my MAS 36 "restoration" project to the range this this past weekend along with my scoped MN.
The MAS is well what can I say, I am French, MAGNIFIQUE!!! 8-)
It was right on at 100 yards. Believe it or not I had a tougher time hitting the bullseye at 50 yards that I did plinking the steel plate at 100 yards!?! Go figure...must the Italian half of me... :'(

And I finally got my scout mount scope zeroed in pretty good on my refinished MN.

I had a couple of failures with my BM though. During rapid fire it seemed like the ejector wouldn't grab the shell but only when shooting rapid fire and only a couple of times. Couldn't figure that one out. Nothing appears to be broken and it worked fine with slower fire. And last but not least my Colt 1903 is awesome...I need another little 32...that is a fun little round... ;D
Last edited by carguy on March 17th, 2008, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

nice shooting at 100 yds. no matter what country of origin :D
with your BM I found that mine is getting picky with certain ammo
it doesnt seem to like the winchester stuff any more. as matter of fact have found that in a few of my autos have they changed their process???? . try some different brands... I have been using some Nato stuff from aim dont know if they still have it...
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

AIM doesn't like Massachusetts...I was shooting the remington umc stuff.

I got some cheap a while ago ($6.99 a box of 50 by the case...I should have bought 10 cases) at Dicks sporting goods. Now the price is up to $9.99 a box case price. But I do get $10 or $15 coupons periodically for using my Dick's scorecard (earn points for purchases etc.). I guess I will try something new just for the heck of it. Any opinions on American Ammo (SOG selling it) for $8.95 a box of 50?? I'm going to have to order somthing from SOG soon as I have a credit on the books aver there for a few bucks from a return.
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

Carguy,

Wolf has better quality control than American Ammunition, only good thing about it is that it is reloadable brass.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I'll stick with what I got then... :'(

Thanks
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

carguy, that's a great looking project gun! Glad you got her fixed up. Sorry to hear about your Star....but when Norm reads this tomorrow, I'll bet he figures out your woes.

Also glad to hear about your Colt 1903 running like a top! I've put one on my never shortening "want" list just because of yours. Great looking and functional piece of history.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I do love that Colt! ANd the Star is no big deal...I think it may have been a fluke, maybe the ammo (cheapest I couyld buy for the range...remington UMC). We are so darn spoiled by the P-64 almost nothing compares!!! ;D

I hope your Sig shows up soon I want a report...that is a great gun with some history behind it as a German Police trade in!! You'll be the only one on your block that can say that!!
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

If it ever arrives >:(.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Sorry to hit on a sore subject...it will get there...eventually... ::)