RUGER LCP 380 ?

Use this section for all other firearms
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

RUGER LCP 380 ?

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Has any one seen or read about the new Ruger LCP 380 ?
The photo's that I've seen on line look very much like a juiced up Kel-Tek P3AT. My guess is that Ruger has worked out all of the bugs that Kel-Tec seems to be unable to over come. There is another gun company named Sky that has been advertising for almost two years that they are about to unveil there version of the Kel-Tek pistol, but to date they have offered just an add campaign and nothing more. If the Ruger is as good a product as everything else they build I will try to be the first in my neighborhood to own one. The horse power isn't much more than the .32acp, but it is a much bigger bullet and that counts for plenty in my opinion.
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on March 12th, 2008, 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redfestiva

RUGER LCP 380 ?

Post by redfestiva »

From what I've read and heard , the ruger LCP has a better fit and finish than the Kel-tec P38T. It has a slide lock which the Kel-tec does not have as well. I read that they are alike enough to prompt a law suite from Kel-tec. The Ruger goes for about $90 more than the Kel-tec. A good friend of mine bought a Skyy Industries CPX-1 9mm . It too is very Kel-tec like. I don't believe they make anything but the 9mm quite yet but that will change. I shot the Skyy and I liked it. It fuctioned perfect and the accurracy was decent for a P- 64 sized gun. It has a 10 round magazine and is double action only.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/s ... _black.jpg
Last edited by redfestiva on March 13th, 2008, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weetabix

RUGER LCP 380 ?

Post by weetabix »

Lifted from a review by a guy who handled one:

"Here’s my initial impressions:

Size: The Ruger is just a smidge larger than the KT in all all directions, but just a smidge (and please don’t ask me to define a ‘smidge’).

Weight: The Ruger is advertised to be about 1 oz heavier than the KT. All I’ll say is that the weight difference is very slight but noticeable.

Trigger: about the same as the KT

Frame: This is where the difference is really noticable. I’ve always defended KT’s ability to engineer and mold plastics. They do good work. The Ruger, however, is a whole different class of plastics molding and engineering quality. The finish is amazing. Smooth, no sharp edges, no seams, crisp, clear checkering. Very, very well done indeed.

Slide: This is where I suspect the weight difference comes in. The Ruger slide is noticeably beefier and the sights are just a bit more prominent than those found on the KT. The slide finish appears to be some sort of phosphate finish that is smooth and even.

And yes, it has a slide lock!

The gun, in fact, looks better in person than it does on the Ruger website. "
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

RUGER LCP 380 ?

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Weetabix, interesting info, where did the article come from, I would like to read it.
G.R.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

RUGER LCP 380 ?

Post by carguy »

Check this out if you haven't seen it already for a demo and some opinions on the LCP 380...kinda neat!

http://www.downrange.tv/player.htm
fritzhund

RUGER LCP 380 ?

Post by fritzhund »

I am picking one up before the lawsuit makes them obsolete.

;)

fritzhund
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
9x18shooter

RUGER LCP 380 ?

Post by 9x18shooter »

gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

RUGER LCP 380 ?

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Carguy, really cool web site, thanks for sharing it with us.
It will be interesting to see how Ruger dealt with the problems of chinking, broken ejector's etc., that plagues Kel-Tek's .380
My buddy Ed and I are going to the gun show this morning and I'll take a look to see they are out yet.
G.R.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

RUGER LCP 380 ?

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Went to the gun show yesterday with my buddy Ed and picked up a holster for my S&W 340PD and we also able to pick up a spring assist 3" Gerber pocket knives for for a very reasonable $30.00 price, an excellent product made here in Portland very light and very sharp. I looked at all the major retailers tables from the area and did not find one LCP, spoke with one of the retailers from here in Portland who thought it may be toward the middle of Summer before he sees them. I'll keep an eye out at some of the smaller shows in the area.
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on March 16th, 2008, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

RUGER LCP 380 ?

Post by gunneyrabbit »

9x18shooter,
Just took a look at the Khar P380 at the web site you posted and my god 380 pistol's are popping up everywhere, looks like the .380 acp is back in style again! The big question now is what 380 to buy. My personal opinion is that the Kel-Tek is out of the question until they work the bugs out of their currently issued product. Rugers pistol looks smaller and lighter than the Khar offering but Kahr triggers are outstanding in every respect, short of the PARA'S LDA, Kahr has the best triggers on the market, in my opinion. I suppose one should wait and see what the feed back is once they start hitting the streets, good or bad the the web will light up like a Christmas tree with the results and God help Kahr or Ruger if the results are anything like the problems Kel-Tec has with the P3AT.
G.R.