Pocket/belt Knives

Use this section for all other firearms
barnett3006

Pocket/belt Knives

Post by barnett3006 »

Kershaw makes some really nice and rugged spring assisted knives. Walmart carries a few of them usually and they are under 70 bucks. I have a 2 inch spring assisted Kershaw that I carried for awhile, until I got the Boker that I posted a link to above. Kershaw is a good knife.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Pocket/belt Knives

Post by trent »

My Sog Flash II is assisted, it's light strong and if you look around it can be from $35-50 dollars (don't quote me on that price)

p.s. they call their assisted something a bit fancier
"S.A.T. (SOG Assisted Technology) opening mechanism. The S.A.T. helps propel the blade to the open position, after the one handed opening has been initiated by the operator."
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Pocket/belt Knives

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Carguy, I'm not exactly sure what the difference is but they all appear to be legal now. The next time you go to a knife and gun show stop at one of the tables that has more expensive knives, you will find traditional Italian "spring assist" knives as well as every other option you can imagine. The fancier the knife and the bigger the name the more expensive they get. It looks like Trent is onto something with the web sight he has posted, the prices seem excellent as does the quality of SOG products.
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on March 5th, 2008, 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Pocket/belt Knives

Post by grayfox »

I carry a small Kershaw spring assist (about 2" bade), always clipped in my pocket. Smokey Mt Knife works is about 2 miles from my home. They run about 38.00.
Last edited by grayfox on March 5th, 2008, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Pocket/belt Knives

Post by carguy »

Thanks to Trent I just ordered myself a little 2 incher from SOG...an SAT (spring assisted) something. I don't even know what I ordered!! tell me I'm not addictied to this stuff :'(

Not even $40 with free shipping, how can you beat it?
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Pocket/belt Knives

Post by grayfox »

Knives & guns are like blondes, never get enought. :P
maddogrecurve

Pocket/belt Knives

Post by maddogrecurve »

I carry a neck knife all day everyday as well as a Leatherman knife. I am working on a mini tac design i plan on making so i can have a fixed blade tactical knife as well. I will make a kydex sheath designed to hold it vertically on my belt.

Jeff
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Pocket/belt Knives

Post by normsutton »

carguy

this where I got mine from

http://www.bladeplay.com

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
weetabix

Pocket/belt Knives

Post by weetabix »

I carry this:
http://www.swissarmy.com/MultiTools/Pag ... duct=53042&

The nail file end works on a phillips head screw, and the whole shebang is small enough that I'll actually carry it in my pocket instead of meaning to.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Pocket/belt Knives

Post by carguy »

This is what I usually carry (sometimes a Spyderco) but with a 3 inch blade most LEOs in Ma can give you a hard time and even make arrests over 2 1/2 inches. That's why I order the 2 inch SOG from the site Trent posted.

But this is definitely a cool knife.

http://www.gerber-tools.com/Gerber-Appl ... -46924.htm

And the top knife (big curved blade) is always in my car. A frind was a LEO and gave it to me years ago.

http://www.waproducts.net/section6/Knife.html
spyguy

Pocket/belt Knives

Post by spyguy »

There is a Kershaw Warehouse in my area. Every year they have their annual surplus sale where they sell overstocks and seconds at greatly reduced prices.

Consequently, I ALWAYS have some kind of Kershaw product in my persons. My daily standard is their entire Leak line. I think for a daily carry there is nothing better. Slim prifile, sturdy blade, sleek appearance, and spring assisted. Perfect.

But today was a shooting day meaning I geared up and headed out into the woods. On special occasions like today I carry the G10 http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=370
This thing is the most amazing knife I've ever handled. It's so strong it can be used to pry open a man-hole cover (tried it, it works) without a scratch. The sales guy at the warehouse also told me to never attempt to sharpen it and that the factory refinishing they offer at their annual sale would be sufficient. My understanding is that the blade is made from multiple layers of folded steel.

The G10 feels like a sword more than a knife. It's certainly not idea for a daily carry item. That being said, I recommend one for anyone with access to buy one.

I know they retail for over $300 but they were $100 at the annual sale. (I'll be saving some pennies for next year)
Last edited by spyguy on March 30th, 2008, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Pocket/belt Knives

Post by garry »

SOG knives are RAZOR sharp ! be careful. Kershaw knives are made in china and japan and a few other countries now. (quality? who knows)
If knives are like blondes, ~ can i carry the blondes instead? lol