anyone ever shoot any of this?

Use this section for all other firearms
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

I don't think I have ever heard of this type of 7.62x54 R so I bought some. It is prvi partizan made in Serbia. 150 gr 20 ctgs per box 13.95 per box. It sjsp which could be very neat to shoot. If anyone has had any experience with this ammo, please let me know. Thanks
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

blinddog

never shot any of the 7.62 x 54 R I have 400 rounds of 303 BRIT. or I had 400 rounds of it I have been reloading it . nice brass

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Thanks Norm, it looked pretty good. Can you tell me if it is a corrosive primer or not?? I don't think it is but there is nothing to indicate yes or no on the box.
mamcdonald

Post by mamcdonald »

If it is new-production commercial ammunition it won't be corrosive. The Prvi is pretty good stuff.
mikeh1

Post by mikeh1 »

if it's new Prvi, it's not corrosive. Good price too. They make very good ammo, and were one of the two Yugo surplus ammo manufacturers, the other being Igman. Also, Wolf Gold in that caliber is just repackaged Prvi (headstamp nny).
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by grayfox »

I've shot Prvi in 30-30, ect without any problems. Just ordered 8 box of the S&W long from Aim at 10.95 a box & some more 380.
Good ammo :)
Last edited by grayfox on April 5th, 2008, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

The ammo is new boxes and in excellent shape. The ammo itself is clean and bright. I just never heard of it. He had about 20 boxes so I think I will buy some more of it real soon. Thanks for the input. :) :)
diehard

Post by diehard »

I bought several hundred rounds each of Prvi , Igman , and Barnual at a gun show two years ago. The Privi was far superior in consistancy of grouping, and definitly the best of the the three. Shoots as good in my Mosins as Winchester SPs, which shoot darned well.

BTW, as stated Wolf Gold is Prvi in a new box. I have shot Wolf Gold in five calibers, all with great results.

My point....you got some good ammo there.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by garry »

I use Privi brass for reloading and was really pleased with the factory Ammo. Good stuff.
Some are boxer primed and i have some that are Berdan primed. It shoots very well and is handy for reloading. BTW, The Wolf Gold ammo in 7.62x54R is the most accurate that i have tried yet in factory loads. VERY good, but, Very expensive. The Privi is good stuff.
Happy shooting. G