I didnt think I could pass it up...

Use this section for all other firearms
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

I love a good deal, but it's just WRONG to have to wait on a gun for this long! You wait on Christmas, tax return $$, and vacations....not GUNS! ;)
torpeau

Post by torpeau »

I've been checking their website DAILY. I feel like a little kid waiting on some new video game or toy. ::)
Recently I ordered an RIA 1911 from them and when I checked on my order, they said they had no stock and didn't know when more would arrive. Three days later they said it had shipped a day earlier.
Last edited by torpeau on March 28th, 2008, 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The only time we see the middle of the road
is as we run from side to side." R.O. Clark
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

Mine came, picked her up Tuesday evening.

VERY HAPPY NOW.

carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Mine came...happy now...and 1 lousy picture! Is that it?! Where's the marching band, how about your disertation expounding about the great value and high quality of the pistol. And the wonderful condition, finish, accuracy blah blah blah!!!

Range report! You're happy it showed up....how does it look? Worth the wait? We've all been waiting just as long as you and now you tease us... :(...it's now wonder you like the Manning boys! 8-)
Last edited by carguy on April 4th, 2008, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

Alright, alright already! Sorry Carguy. Geeze.

Well, it started off kinda funny anyway.

Tuesday I called my gun shop and asked if they had received my Sig P6. The guy told me that they had received it Monday, but were really busy and hadn't had a chance to log it in and call me.

So I told him that I'd pick it up that afternoon, and asked him how it looked.

He said, "well....I've seen better."

And I replied, "what, just a lot of holster wear?"

He said, "No, it's more than holster wear. There are some gashes/deep scratches that we really just don't even understand how they would have been made or happened."

I'm thinking....you've gotta be SH#*ING ME!

Here I've been waiting since late January for this thing, and they sent me one that's been through WW3?

Needless to say, I was pissed. I went to pick it up....and before even seeing it, I asked if the scratches could be buffed out.

He looked at me and laughed, and said "APRIL FOOLS"

It has moderate holster wear, but the bore is perfect. Trigger pull is great, but a little more creep than what I'd like in single action. Of course, this is just in dry firing. I hope to go shooting next weekend, but I have to work this weekend.

The sights are OK, I guess. Just all black, with a ramp front and notch rear. CDNN sells brand new Sig 3-dot sights for $10, and I found some guy that makes a nite site adhesive or paint that is supposed to be brighter than tritium.....for like $9.

So, I plan to have $20 in sights, and another $50 or $75 to have it Duracoated (I think my Duracoat guy has gone up in price).

The grips are better than I thought. I'm going to put them in the dishwasher (thanks Norm), and see what they look like totally clean. I may give them a spray with some Krylon Fusion for plastics, but that's about it.

Eventually I'd like to get some nice wood grips for it, but that's gonna run me $$. So, for now I'm just looking forward to getting her refinished and re-sight'd.

Feel better Carguy? :P
Last edited by volfandan on April 4th, 2008, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electross

Post by electross »

Let us know how the duracoat goes. Mine has a fair amount of holster wear(just the slide) and I have looked into the possibilities of having it re-finished. A guy quoted me about $70.00 if I strip it. Not brave enough to have it done yet. Yours looks to be in great shape. I have a P226 that was factory re-conditioned and Sig had their infamous Nitron finish on it. Saw an area that had what I believed to be grime and dirt. Gave it a dose of Gunblast. In seconds I witnessed the Nitron finish peel before my eyes. Talk about a lesson learned! So, re-finishing holds a special interest with me. Good Luck with your P6 :)
diehard

Post by diehard »

Nice P6! I recently bought one through AIM that was in similar condition. I actually just ordered it for a friend new to shooting (who paid, and did the FFL thing, all legal, for those you you concerned). Anyway what a great buy! No holster wear at all, an no (yes...none at all) visible wear on the barrel or on the contact rails. Its as if this pistol spent all of its life in the armory. Did I mention what a great buy this was? I shot it at the range, and it performed like any SIG would..dead on, just like my P226, but with more comfortable grips for my small hands. I hated so much to part with it I went home from the range and ordered from AIM two of these P6's for me. Yes...for me this time!

I think this might be the best surplus deal in a long time.
Last edited by diehard on April 6th, 2008, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Feel better Carguy? :P

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh :P

I'm glad it all worked out in the end. I'm jealous...that sounds like a very nice gun. I hope you enjoy it.
barnett3006

Post by barnett3006 »

FINNNNNAAAAAAALLLYYYY....My P6 from Centerfire came in!!! Picked it up yesterday.

There is some holster wear on the slide, but thats it. I was expecting some wear on the rails and some wear on the internals but the thing looks like it was only test fired a few rounds and put away!

I'm happy with it to say the least.

Does anyone know if its safe to shoot +p and +p+ ammunition (as well as any combination of +'s and p's that you can think of)?